My SQL error
Posted by: iraji (---.sip.hsv.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 09, 2008 02:55AM

JLBN

I've been reading your answers to posts but I believe my problem is a bit different. I had a WAMP 1.8 or 1.7 before installing WAMP 3. Of course I removed the old WAMP before installing the new one, however, I did not remove the old MySQL unless the old WAMP removed it in the process of being removed!
So now I can't connect to MySQL and get an error saying can't connect. What do I need to do now, will the procedure you've outlined by moving MySQL folder, saving my.ini, dowloading MySQL and placing it back in the WAMP folder work
Thanks in advnce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My SQL error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2008 03:22AM

This question was asked a lot of time and the answer is still the same as follows:

I did this myself too many time and it always work. After uninstall wamp, you need to rename/remove old wamp folder, then click Start/Run and type in regedit to open Registry Editor in which you have to search and delete 2 instances: wampapache and wampmysql. Restart computer and install new wamp. Good luck ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 09, 2008 11:38PM

Thank you JLBN it worked this time also. Don't forget you have to save your websites on www otherwise they get removed also!
Another question for you: Can the mysql_gui tools be used with wamp2.0? I used it with wamp5.0 but didn't know if it could also be sued with this version of wamp.
Thanks for your help.

Date: June 10, 2008 12:54AM

Don't forget you have to save your websites on www otherwise they get removed also!
Already mentioned rename or remove, so rename when you still have data inside ;-)

Can the mysql_gui tools be used with wamp2.0?
Yes, but no add-on for it yet, so you have to setup yourself

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 10, 2008 02:25AM

Thanks, we'll do.

Date: June 10, 2008 01:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.