Error Establishing a Database connection
Posted by: speedmouse (---.range86-149.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:13PM

I am not very experienced with blogs. I have downloaded wamp and got as far as opening it up in firefox. I downloaded my (new) blog from the internet which is in a folder of my site www.mysite.co.uk/testblogfolder/. when I made the folder in www folder, I just called it : testblogfolder as won't accept '/'.

I downloaded and installed (I believe correctly ) the mysql version I have on my hosting, and I clicked on it to activate it - but I did not notice anything 'going white' as it said in instructions.

Then went into a green database form but do not know how to fill in boxes and I cannot quite remember what I did - ah! I clicked browse and then clicked on mysql server 2 icon - I think maybe this was wrong as no writing appeared in the browse box after doing this.

But still when I go to open this folder in wamp it brings the message of : error establishing a database connection.

I am worried about messing up my computer with all my trials, so help would be very gratefully received! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error Establishing a Database connection
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:22PM

I downloaded and installed (I believe correctly ) the mysql version I have on my hosting
wamp already had mysql, you should not install another 1 or it will conflict

I downloaded my (new) blog from the internet which is in a folder of my site www.mysite.co.uk/testblogfolder/. when I made the folder in www folder, I just called it : testblogfolder as won't accept '/'.
You can't just copy folder, it will not work but have to create db first, instruction here

[guides.jlbn.net]

Then download and install your blog such as wordpress here

[downloads.jlbn.net]

Installation instruction here

[guides.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 03:18PM by yfastud.

Date: June 06, 2008 03:03PM

Many thanks.. off to try!

Date: June 06, 2008 10:11PM

I made an absolute sow's ear of everything so deleted the lot and have started again.

I do not know how to do the following :

In 'BACKUPS'

As mentioned above, we only show the simplest method to backup, so we suggest you set your MySQL storage default type to MyISAM

I went to phpmyadmin - clicked on storage engines - - clicked on MYISAM - but there is no way to DO anything to it - so how to progress?

Many thanks

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 06, 2008 11:22PM

Date: June 07, 2008 12:18AM

Thank you! I haven't given you a symbolic paypal thankyou... but you've got some really interesting ads... winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.