php SQL backup where do i put it?
Posted by: mattfox (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2008 04:59AM

Hello, i'm trying to setup an automatic mysql backup, its a PHP script where can i put it so that its only accessable from the inside? Do i have to setup an alias folder in apache? How do i do it, when i put the script in my www directory it works good but its accessable from outside and anyone. Can i set it up to run like phpmyadmin and even have a link in the wamp menu? The script is called phpmybackup????thanks

Or is there a better way for a sql auto backup?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php SQL backup where do i put it?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2008 05:35AM

To set outside www folder, the simplest way is to save it in wamp folder (still outside www folder, right?) and create Alias for it

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: May 23, 2008 06:44AM

cool i got it to work, how can i make it come up in the wamp thing where phpmyaccess and sqllight is?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2008 06:12PM

Did you use wamp menu to create Alias? If so, you should have it in wamp menu already ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 23, 2008 07:30PM

Hi,

If you use the PHP command line interface (CLI), the script can be anywhere. CLI scripts have nothing to do with the www folder. If add the folder c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\bin into the system PATH, you can call PHP in your .cmd scripts by just php, not with the full path.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Date: May 24, 2008 12:52AM

ya i used wamp to add an alias but i want it to come up in the wamp main menu with sqllight and phpmyadmin how do i do that so i can just bring up the wamp menu and click it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.