curl_init() inexistent
Posted by: (lKj) (---.dclient.hispeed.ch)
Date: May 19, 2008 09:19PM

Greetings,
First of all wanted to say awesome job on the script.

However it seems that when I try to run scripts that use either curl_init() or the related function curl_setopt(), PHP will abort the script telling me that these functions don't exist. After a bit of research I found an answer vaguely stating that, alas, the function wouldn't exist in a Windows environment.

If this may be of importance to you; I am using PHP version 5.2.6 on Apache 2.2.8 and MySQL 5.0.51b (though that shouldn't be relevant for this issue).

I'm sorry if this has been already asked multiple times (I am a support member on a PHP-related forum so I know how annoying daily-asked questions can be), but the search apparently didn't turn out any results or I just don't know how to use it, lol.

Lucas.
( [korn19.ch] )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: curl_init() inexistent
Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 19, 2008 11:12PM

Hi,

The answer you found was not just vague but wrong because the curl functions work all right in a Windows environment and in WAMP.

You need to make sure that the php_curl extention is loaded, though. Click the WAMP icon in the system tray, select PHP - PHP extensions and click the line 'php_culr'. The WAMP icon will turn yellow momentarily when the services are restarted, but after that your curl_init() should work.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Date: May 20, 2008 09:25PM

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. This solved the problem and now my scripts work like a charm on localhost. smiling smiley

I do have another question, though, if that's not asking too much. I've noticed the "Put Online" option located in the menu when clicking on the icon in the tray. I assume that makes my files accessible for other people? What would the URI be? My IP address? I tried to visit my IP address but didn't get any response from it.

If this is covered in some FAQ page or in a manual that came with WAMP; I apologize and will definitely take the time to read a manual if anyone can refer me to where there is the possibility to do so.

Thanks,
Lucas.
- Switzerland

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 09:28PM

hi have a look at my manual. it will get you started

its here >> [pampserver.com]

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: May 21, 2008 09:02PM

Thank you.
I could follow the manual until page 4, where I just can't seem to continue.
Whenever I visit the default gateway thing (192.168.0.1) it prompts me for a password. So I assume I'm supposed to know what to enter?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2008 09:08PM

That's your router login, so check your router manual for user and pass

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.