Login to localhost?
Posted by: Devoto (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: May 11, 2008 01:47PM

I think I already know the problem but I want to check with the professionals here just to make sure.

I'm running WAMP on a laptop borrowed from my school, meaning I don't have full rights. I'm not Admin.
The program starts like it should, shows a yellow-ish icon in the tray but it's no MySQL I want to use so I ignored that.
The problem is that when I try to connect to localhost or 127.0.0.1 it asks for authentication and password. I have no idea what that means so I just pressed "cancel". It then proceeded by not loading the page and said "You don't have the rights to show this page".
Is this caused by me not having admin on the computer or something?

Problem nr2 is that when I try to open the "index.php" in the www-folder it just prints out all the code in the browser, it doesn't show the page. Maybe there's some step I missed when I set it up

Thankfull for help smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Login to localhost?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 11, 2008 02:04PM

in the browser goto http:localhost/index.php

this will run the page.. if it tells you thatu dont have rights then its cos ur not admin

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: Devoto (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: May 12, 2008 10:04AM

didn't work... sad smiley

I guess I'll have to talk to the administrator at my school then

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (212.129.95.---)
Date: May 12, 2008 11:58AM

they can make the servies for wamp run all the time.. Ask them to do it for u. Click start , run, type in services.msc on the list there is wampapache and wampmysql , right click them, goto properties and set manual to auto, then get them to key in there username and pasword on the next tab

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.