Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WAMP does nothing
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2008 12:18AM

let me check the dvd... and actually it's both and check this out
"Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the most advanced Windows Server operating system yet, designed to power the next generation of PHP Web applications, interoperate with Linux through advanced virtualization, and offer standards-based web services"
So I guess it should work well w/ wamp ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 25, 2008 12:20AM

yes wamp makes the check.... maybe use a firewall to stop webdav acting as a server and only as a client,, zonealarm does this well.. but zonealarm conflicts wit wamp..

the way around is to install wamp then zonealarm/

actually this may work for u..

uninstall jungle then reinstall it and it may realise at install that port 80 is not aviable and assign itself a new port

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 12:22AM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2008 12:50AM

Going to have my own tangent too. Why the heck does Webdav need to open port 80 on my computer when I'm not even trying to run a Webdav server. I know this is expected behaviour and I havent seen anyone else complain about this so I'll put my hand up and make an idiot of myself... Why the heck is Webdav trying to act as a server on my computer? Why isnt is just acting like a client, like a web browser does. If the answer is, it's providing a service to other software on my own computer, then fair enough, but just seems a dumb roundabout way of going about things.
It uses the same port so you don't have to open extra port for ftp, and instead installing its stand-alone, you should enable that module in wamp

Open file httpd.conf, find and uncomment these lines

#LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

#LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
#LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so

#Include conf/extra/httpd-dav.conf

To become:

LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so

Include conf/extra/httpd-dav.conf

Then open file httpd-dav.conf and edit the path to the directory you want web-dav to manage and control

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: greenalien (---.cable.ubr06.harb.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: April 25, 2008 12:59AM

I just installed Apache from apache.org (horrible site btw) and I get the same problem. It refuses to enable the service while Jungle Disk (i.e. Webdav) is running.

The version of Apache on my other system is v1.3.33 which I installed ages ago and just used for occasional testing. No problems with that system and Jungle Disk. Looks like Apache only checked for port 80 conflicts from v2.

So I may aswell uninstall Apache and reinstall WampServer and try to do something about Jungle Disk/Webdav tomorrow when i get my new dose of sanity.

May i take this opportunity to thank Microsoft for making a real turd of Webdav in XP and wasting my evening >.<

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 25, 2008 01:02AM

u can still download wamp5 ver 1.3 apache and then upgrade eater u need. if that might help

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: greenalien (---.cable.ubr06.harb.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: April 25, 2008 01:06AM

"It uses the same port so you don't have to open extra port for ftp, and instead installing its stand-alone, you should enable that module in wamp "

Interesting thought. I didnt do anything with Webdav as such. I just installed Jungle Disk which backs up my files and also mounts the drive in XP. I only really cared that it was using Webdav to achieve this afterwards. Whether I can override this in Jungle Disk I dont know. Should be able to do. Maybe I'll try this tomorrow.

"uninstall jungle then reinstall it and it may realise at install that port 80 is not aviable and assign itself a new port"

Jungle DIsk was updated to use a port other than 80 if using Vista. It wont do it for XP though. Webdav has to use port 80 on XP.

Posted by: hornetbzz (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: November 26, 2008 01:45AM

Hi Steven,

I'm facing the same issue, ie to allow cookies within the FW parameters, ie ZA Pro (V7.0.483).

Allowing ALL cookies within ZA, Wamp keeps saying "pls allow cookies to connect".
Deactivating ZA, then Wamp (2.0) works properly, but I don't have an operating FW anymore...

Would you have a suggestion how to tune ZA ? (I mean avoiding to re-install WS and ZA)

Thx in advance, from Paris.

:-)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.