Wamp server offline
Posted by: ckosloff (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 04, 2008 04:51AM

Hello,

Just installed wampserver 2.0b, removed previous install of wamp 5 as per instructions.
Deleted wamp folder, deleted references to wamp in the registry, restarted comp.
Wamp server doesn't go online as wamp 5 did.
Went to windows services console and changed start mode of wamp services from manual to automatic, restarted comp, no go.
Restarted all services, no go.
Tested port 80, Apache is there, there is no IIS on this comp.
Any ideas?

ckosloff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp server offline
Posted by: cachemoney (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 17, 2008 09:28AM

I have the same problem.

the wamp server icon shows the server is online. I used the installer, over a previous version in which i thought i successfully uninstalled.

Do you have the exact instructions on how to do all that registry stuff and fully uninstall my wamp server?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (193.120.116.---)
Date: April 17, 2008 11:52AM

hi can u pklease post up ir apache and mysql logs

Posted by: ckosloff (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 17, 2008 06:39PM

Hi y'all,

Actually, this post is in error, because I found the solution later on.
The new wampserver 2.0 doesn't react like the old 5.
I didn't see the option to start with Windows like the old one, I have to start it manually every time, in spite of having set Apache and mysql to start automatically in the Services Console.
Also, later on, I found out that just by clicking on the "put online" option, it would come online every time just fine, still had to start it manually though.
Regarding instructions:
1) Uninstall wampserver from the menu.
2) Delete wamp installation folder.
3) Start --> Run --> regedt32 --> Find "wamp". Delete all instances of wamp, like wampapache, wampmysql, etc. Take care not to delete other things that will pop up like "teenswamp", those are unrelated. Back up your registry first.
Regarding logs, sorry but no longer have them, I uninstalled wampserver from that comp., will reinstall later on, on some other comp. Reason being that the system was messed up, but not by wamp, by the Macromedia Dreamweaver suite, associations were all wrong.

ckosloff

Posted by: texmansru47 (---.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 24, 2008 06:10AM

I just installed Wampserver 2.0 on my desktop and I have not ever had any WAMP servers loaded. Everything seemed to load correctly, but nothing will start. Is there some basic instructions any where for start up configurations?

Texman

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2008 01:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.