Imagemagick setup
Posted by: marfig (---.net.novis.pt)
Date: April 04, 2008 02:45AM

Hello all,

Can somebody give me some pointers as to how install the imagemagick php extension on wamp? I'm new to php and I'm having an hard time finding my way around it. Don't need a full description if that bothers you. Just some pointers so that I can work my way around from there.

TIA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Imagemagick setup
Posted by: toivo (---.belrs4.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: April 04, 2008 10:14AM

Hi,

You should install the Q16 version or the 16-bits=per-pixel component ImageMagic-6.4.0-3-Q16-windows-dll.exe. Follow the instructions at [www.imagemagick.org] to verify your installation.

Your PHP application would have its own settings, for example MediaWiki uses the following settings in its configuration file LocalSettings.php:

$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "C:/Program File/ImageMagick-6.3.8-Q16/convert.exe";

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2008 10:16AM by toivo.

Date: April 04, 2008 11:15AM

Thanks toivo, but don't I need too install also the php extension? I'm interested in using it for my own purposes. These are the steps I tried so far.

- I've downloaded and installed ImageMagick's ImageMagick-6.4.0-1-Q16-windows-dll.exe

- I've downloaded the php extension frpm the winpecl area. I've chosen the php-5.2.1 one.

- I've moved this dll extension to C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ext\

- I've altered php.ini and added "extension=php_imagick.dll", without the quotes, to the extensions lists.

- I restarted Apache. Not noticing the extension displayed on the PHP extensions list from the tray icon, I restarted the wampserver. ImageMagick extensions now shows enabled on the list.

However, it's not loaded. PHP error log shows:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/ext/php_imagick.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2008 11:16AM by marfig.

Date: April 04, 2008 03:05PM

Nevermind. I don't need imagick or magicwand php extensions. As you tried to tell me, all I need is imagemagick installed. A common practice in PHP (and one supported by my webhost) is to use exec. to run convert.

Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.