Getting started with wampserver and jaws screen reader
Posted by: GenaSQL (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: April 03, 2008 04:07PM

Hi
I've done some database development on the linux platform but I've been asked to do a database for a charity who will use it on a stand-a-lone machine running XP.

I seem to be having difficulty in getting wampserver set up on my XP machine. It would be useful if I could be pointed in the direction of a pure text guide without screen shots. But my immediate problems are:

Wampserver will not go on line and obviously I cannot tell if it is yellow or white but jaws says "Wampserver offline".

Myph[padmin states that a password hasn't been set for mysql's root account. In trying to navigate through the GUI, I cannot find where I set root's password. If I was to do it manually, would this cause problems?

I've generated a directory manually c:\wamp\www\perfumed-garden.local but apache doesn't seem to recognise it as a project folder. It's happy if I point to http:// localhost/ perfumed-garden.local/phpinfo.php (without spaces) so the server is working to some extent. Does it not like the folder name, or is it that I generated outside of a admin gui interface?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gena

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting started with wampserver and jaws screen reader
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2008 05:18PM

Hey Gena
Did you check out my guides on my personal website? The screenshots are set aside so you can check only when you want to

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 03, 2008 10:09PM

Hi

I'm not sure to which site it is you refer. jlbn.net? Jaws cannot read much on that link. Just adds and buttons for flash movies, no meaningful text.

Gena

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2008 10:15PM

i mean you can find the guides for the issues above, not opening w/ jaws :-(

I seem to be having difficulty in getting wampserver set up on my XP machine. It would be useful if I could be pointed in the direction of a pure text guide without screen shots. But my immediate problems are:
Check Setup Wamp guide

Myph[padmin states that a password hasn't been set for mysql's root account. In trying to navigate through the GUI, I cannot find where I set root's password. If I was to do it manually, would this cause problems?
Check Setup Password guide

I've generated a directory manually c:\wamp\www\perfumed-garden.local but apache doesn't seem to recognise it as a project folder. It's happy if I point to http:// localhost/ perfumed-garden.local/phpinfo.php (without spaces) so the server is working to some extent. Does it not like the folder name, or is it that I generated outside of a admin gui interface?
Any help would be appreciated.
Check Setup Virtual Host guide

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 04, 2008 01:16AM

Hi

I'm sorry, I'm not getting the message across very well. Please try using any assistive technology, blindfold yourself and navigate these sites.

Gena

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 04, 2008 03:34PM

HI gena. since your doing it for charity im willing to help you in any way . either here .. or private message me here.. or my email is stevenmartin99@gmail.com.

let me know where u are now and what problemsa ur having

Date: April 05, 2008 12:08AM

Hi

Many thanks for your kind offer.

Could you provide me with a direct URL to the guides previously mentioned for setting up Wampserver? Either here or alternately directly to gena@mga.demon.co.uk.

It may be that I will require the plain text emailing directly to me should I continue to have difficulty in retrieving the text of the guides. But I'd rather be independent if I can.

Thanks.

Gena

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.