Two Quick Suggestions
Posted by: raevanmorlock (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: March 29, 2008 06:34AM

Just got this a few minutes ago.. checking it out a bit. It seems really nice so far -- there's just two things that are rather frustrating.

1. The help button (right-click the tray icon, select Help) takes me to the French version of the site. Since I have en selected as my language, it'd be quite helpful if it would direct me there instead.

2. My computer is connected via a router, and, as such, [localhost] doesn't work for me. An option to specify my local address would be greatly appreciated so that the Localhost, phpMyAdmin, and SQLiteManager would actually be useful. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two Quick Suggestions
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2008 02:19PM

For your number 2, not sure why you've got that problem since all my computers, 3 desktops and 2 laptops, connected through 2 routers, roaming, and access localhost as well as other local domains w/o any problem. You might want to check "Setup Virtual Host" guide on my personal website ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: raevanmorlock (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: March 29, 2008 03:58PM

I'll check the guide out in a bit... I'm not sure if I really want to play around with the settings more though -- it was a real pain trying to get my wireless laptop working with torrents and such as it is.

I read up on localhost real quick though... odd thing... [http://127.0.0.1] works perfectly--the page loads instantly... [http://localhost] does not work at all (Page Load Error - Connection Interrupted - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. - The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.). The error comes about 30 seconds after trying to load the page.

Would the virtual host thing really fix this issue?

BTW, I'm running Vista 32-bit on an Alienware Area-51 m9750 laptop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 04:00PM by raevanmorlock.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2008 11:32PM

I did have that problem so not quite sure about that; you might try out to find out ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.