Help -- Countless Atempts
Posted by: Hardball (149.68.16.---)
Date: March 19, 2008 01:51PM

Hello. Well I have used Wamp for a while now and i recently moved my webserver over to a new computer. So I downloaded and installed the most recent wamp. Now here is the problem. Apache does not start. And I have seen countless posts and they dont work for me. And no I dont have an anti-virus installed on the comp. And i read the post about checking if anything is blacklisted and I dont have any of those programs installed that I know of. So here is what happens.

1. start Wamp
2. Check click Install service.
3. It does the port 80 check and says it was succesful and will proceede to install
6. blinks for a sec and finishes.
7. Apache will not start. I click start/resume service and nothing happens/restart all services nothing/stop all sevices, nothing. All it does is go yellow for a sec and then goes red again. the only service that is running with no problem was the mySQL but that is the one i dont need.,

Now I dont know if this is an issue but i got a new hardrive and the hardrive is now E:/ I mean the comp was reformatted and there is nothing on it so this is a fresh install of windows and waamp and I select E drive upon installing Waamp.

So I have asked many many many many people and no one can help me. So maybe I can get some help from the sourse site. Thanks

~hardball

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 02:45PM by Hardball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help -- Countless Atempts
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2008 02:56PM

Posted by: Hardball (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 19, 2008 06:45PM

Nope still same issue.

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 19, 2008 07:11PM

Tough luck. You can find a way out by reading my post at: [forum.wampserver.com]

If you insist to use Wamp, then open the Windows System Event manager to view the errors before wamp apache starts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.