File Write Permission
Posted by: newseed (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 12:08AM

I will be as clear as possible.

I'm using WAMP5 1.7.1 for over a year now doing many test sites with databases with on of them being Joomla.

I am using a component called EZ Realty with Joomla. EZ Realty uses a license key to verify that the software is used for the domain that it is licensed for. I have licenses for the 'localhost' and 127.0.0.1 for testing on my local machine.

Upon loading the EZ Realty software, I am required to enter the license key via Joomla's administrator back-end. I am able to enter the key number and it saves it but when after saving, it's suppose to create a new file called key.php and place it in the administrator/components/com_ezrealty/ folder. Unfortunately it does not and so it just hangs there on the license page where I enter the number.

According to EZ Realty support, I am suppose to have the write permission to set as 777 for that com_ezrealty but I am unable to see such numbers using Window's file permission settings but instead Full Control permission in which is what I set it for.

Unfortunately, this still did not work and it did not write the key.php file.

Can anyone advise me as to what I might have missed or at least tell me why it's not allowing the key.php to be written?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: File Write Permission
Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 02:31AM

You might consider installing your add-on component in an alternative way instead of going through Joomla backend interface. Consider a few things to do installation manually below:

1. you copy the com_ezrealty folder to Joomla components folder.

2. edit those EZ realtly xml and/or config files

3. create and edit manually key.php and other needed files

Date: March 17, 2008 02:03PM

I used that method which is the only way to do it because this EZ Realty is an upgrade package for an existing EZ Realty install. I should have stated that earlier but I didn't.

I will have to check with EZ Realty support to see if the key.php can be manually created. Otherwise, I am still open to any other possibility.

Date: March 26, 2008 09:45PM

I solved the problem which was not a problem really. Normally, when you open web pages via local server, it uses [localhost].

Since the EZ software license is for 127.0.0.1 and not 'localhost', I merely opened the site using [127.0.0.1] and managed to get the key number to verify.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.