#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: jseth (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2008 09:20PM

I went to your personal website and followed your instructions for setting the password, and am still getting the above error. Any further suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2008 11:35PM

Are you sure you did NOT skip any step? BTW, did you restart wamp after finished?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2008 11:40PM by yfastud.

Date: March 16, 2008 06:42PM

Yes, I reviewed your instructions very carefully, and repeated them three times to make sure that I had not skipped a step. I tried it with the services left started, with the services stopped, and always restarted the services afterwards. I just tried it again (after my computer's been shut down and restarted) and got a little further. I did get to the Welcome to phpMyAdmin screen with the login username and password entry, but when I entered root for the username, and the password that I had entered in the config.inc.php file, now I get #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES). What does MySQL want?

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 07:13PM

You actually haven't changed root password instead of vice versa.

Date: March 16, 2008 07:45PM

I don't understand your post. What, then, do I need to do? (This is getting very annoying.)

Date: March 16, 2008 07:53PM

Well, enough of this. I'm having fun using WAMP from
[www.e-novative.info]

Downloaded it, installed it. Works right out of the box. PhpMyAdmin opened first time out. Has documentation with it to.

I'm going to have FUN now.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:39AM

No matter what wamp package you're using, as long as it works for you, buddy ;-)

BTW, most people had no problem to follow my guides as long as they're slowly and carefully go along step by step instead some people already knew something about wamp and just glance through my guides quick, then miss a step or two :-(

Anyway, enjoy coding w/ your wamp package ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: psn (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:43AM

Hi,

I also get this error when I change the apache version, mysql-version to a higher version then 2.2.6 and 5.0.45.
I have set all in the config.inc files for phpmyadmin.
It also seems that when I try to change back to the prev version I had the server seems not to be started correctly as the icon is going from red to yellow and will not turn on to white.

All this happend when I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0b

What have I missed?

EDIT: What I have found is when the upgrade has been done I need to go into the wampserver under apache and mysql under service option and chose install service again, then all services goes from yellow to white and seems working. I haven't tested yet if this is the case even after the upgrade! Will report back asap when tested!

Have tried to upgrade and restart all services with apache 2.2.8 and mysq latest version but I can't login via phpmyadmin i get the #1045 error msg, so what do I do wrong here?

Regards/Per

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2008 04:11PM by psn.

Posted by: psn (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:08PM

Found the real issue: The erros was not stated using password: NO it was saying YES. What I understand when I chose a higher version of mysql is really a new database and I need to set the password to the user either its root or an other user.

Regards/Per

Date: March 19, 2008 01:57AM

After upgraded, through wamp tray icon you can switch b/w new and old apache and mysql. Keep in ming that new mysql does NOT have any db as well as users, and the default is user root w/ no password

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.