Wamp site at intranet
Posted by: goggles (---.ody.ca)
Date: March 13, 2008 08:49PM

Hello,
I have just created a site using the wamp.
I would like to use my site as an intranet site at work and I want to run it off my local workstation. I have WAMP server ONLINE, and a static IP.
What do i do now?
I just want the users at my work to type in intranet and be directed to my site.
Can someone please tell me the steps. Thank you.

Re: Wamp site at intranet
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 14, 2008 03:27AM

I just want the users at my work to type in intranet and be directed to my site.
Do you have privilege to control your company's web server to do so? Even you do, be careful w/ it since you would open your company's server for instruders :-(
Anyway, check Setup Virtual Hosts guide on my personal website

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: xmas3 (80.81.229.---)
Date: April 09, 2008 03:49PM

Hi, maybe a very simmilar question.
I created a website on my local machine and I would like to publish this website to the INTRANET. I am not the intranet admin.
How can I make this page visible for my collegues? I tryied to follow the JLBN Guides, but not working for me (f.e. stopped at the "router" point)

Thanks a lot,

Miro

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 09, 2008 06:29PM

Not quite sure if you can find another way around, but as far as I know, in order to install and setup Apache web server and other related settings, you need to be the admin w/ full privilege

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 09, 2008 07:03PM

Find what your local intranet IP address and your computer host name are. Ask your intranet administrator if you are not sure. Then input these parameters into apache httpd.conf file in wamp server. If you are not sure how to input these parameters, search this forum.

Posted by: xmas3 (80.81.229.---)
Date: April 10, 2008 12:43PM

Thanks,
it is working now.

See also

[forum.wampserver.com]

for more information.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.