Local Host
Posted by: Bonnie1 (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: March 13, 2008 12:55PM

Hello,

Is it necessary to change the local host after you have installed WAMP server? I think that my local host is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ instead of C:\wamp\www\name of folder.

The reason that I think that this might be the case is because when I try to connect to the MySQL databases in Dreamweaver with the path C:\wamp\www\name of folder it says that there is something wrong with the URL and path. If I change the path to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\... it works.

Would I need to change the path for the databases/tables in PHPMyAdmin? Also, how do you set passwords for WAMP server?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local Host
Posted by: southbeach (---.not.configured)
Date: March 13, 2008 03:05PM

Bonniel,

As far as I know, defining a path in DW is solely to identify site location and server location. Connecting to MySQL is entirely based on the MySQL server being running, having it run and looking for it under the same port, using proper user name and password.

Given that you are referring to c:\inetpub\wwwroot, I am lead to believe you are or have used IIS or PWS; I do not think you should have IIS and Apache running at the same time - Well, not while both are listening to port 80.

All that said, try defining a virtual host in Apache pointing to this directory and then define your DW site using full path. Make sure to choose localhost as server and PHP/MySQL topology when defining the site.

As far as changing WAMP password, good question ... not sure about this 8-(

Regards,

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2008 03:09PM

IIS and apache/wamp are both web server and both use port 80, so you have to disable iis in order for wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart wamp

To setup password, check Setup Password guide on my personal website ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: dyrer (---.dsl.hol.gr)
Date: March 13, 2008 10:18PM

I have Windows Vista and when install NOD32 or AVG Antivirus localhost is not working anymore
Any solution?

Posted by: Bonnie1 (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: March 13, 2008 11:17PM

Hi,

I used to have IIS on my computer, but removed it.

How do you define a virtual host in Apache pointing to wamp directory?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 14, 2008 03:29AM

Check Setup Virtual Host guide on my personal website

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.