wamp, apache email
Posted by: willietck (60.53.29.---)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:39PM

Hi everyone, i'm currently working on my final year project and i've no clue on where to look for help, since i'm using wampserver, hope someone can give me some guide.

Here's what i'm planning to do,

i'm running wampserver with my own PC and i'm not hosting my work up to any webhosting service. In other words, my PC will act as my project's server.

Lets say i've a user registration, and after the user registered, my website will send a verification mail to the registered user with activation code/etc... the sender address of the email (my website) can it be configure to use yahoomail, hotmail or others? Or lets say i can just simply change the e.g. "localhost@localhost.com" to "support@mywebsite.com"?

so what can i do or configure with my wampserver to make this possible? or these cannot be done with wamp? If its cant be done, what can i do to make it possible?

sorry if i'm asking stupid questions, but i'm here to find out and willing to learn =)

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp, apache email
Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 10, 2008 08:48PM

Hi,

If you search this forum for posts with 'email' in the last 30 days, you will find lots of information. Click the line with the text 'Click here to return to the search screen' to access the results :-)

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Re: wamp, apache email
Posted by: willietck (60.53.29.---)
Date: March 11, 2008 02:37AM

yeah, i did that before, but i'm not sure that whether those are same with what i'm looking for. As i said in my earlier post, im running everything on my own PC, do i still need to configure the SMTP thing? Besides, to achieve my senario, do i still need to install any additional free mailserver program? Or i can just modify the configuration file in wampserver to make it happen?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.