Call to undefined function exif_read_data()
Posted by: Jarle Hagavei (---.monet.no)
Date: February 01, 2008 06:25PM

Hi everyone!

I have installed WAMP 2.0 on WIN XP PRO. I have been unsucessful in using eaxif_read_data(), it returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function exif_read_data() in C:\wamp\www\sessions\upload.php on line 104.

the error log output is:

[01-Feb-2008 17:52:02] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/ext/php_exif.dll' - module not found.

I have enabled exif and the php_exif.dll is where it is suppose to be. Still I can't get exif_read_data() to work. Can somebody please put me out of my missery (so to speak) and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

best regards Jarle Hagavei

Options: ReplyQuote
Why doesn't exif module work in WAMP 2.0?
Date: February 02, 2008 12:48PM

I have tried to install WAMP 2.0 now several times and I still get same result; The exif module will not load. I activate it through the PHP extention settings via WAMP server but it doesn't show up in phpinfo() WHY? Maybe I'm better off going back to downloading and installing the Apache, MySQL and PHP programs seperatly and configuring them the old fashion way. IMHO WAMP is not working. Is there anybody out there who can prove me wrong?

Further more I have tried to move the php_exif.dll file around and configure the different php.ini files to effect. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to make WAMP work for me, but I find that har to believe since I have three years of experience configuring (even compiling from source) all three programs seperatly and making them follow my bidding.

Again: is there anybody out there who actually got the exif_read_data() function to work with WAMP on a windows system?

Best regards Jarle Hagavei

Re: Why doesn't exif module work in WAMP 2.0?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2008 05:04PM

Open php.ini and edit to load php_mbstring.dll extention before php_exif.dll; restart wamp and try again

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: Call to undefined function exif_read_data()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:20PM

smashing!! yfastud

Thanx man, that did the trick! :-D

best regards Jarle Hagavei

Date: February 02, 2008 05:52PM

You're welcome anytime ;-)

BTW, if you don't mind, could you please pm me the link for the php script, better if including examples, to work w/ exif?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: webface (---.region1.highspeedunplugged.bell.ca)
Date: March 12, 2008 04:18PM

Hi,

I am new to WAMP. Everything checks out so far except I am having this php_exif.dll problem. I have checked my php.ini files and made sure php_mbstring.dll extention is loaded before php_exif.dll. I cant find the dll itself anywhere in the install folder. I am still getting the exif error. Can someone please show me how to fix this.

I've been eating nothing but WAMP for the last 3 days now i'm stuck. Help!!!

ALSO: The search feature on this site deosnt work. It searches forever with no result leaving you to manually go through the pages to find what you want.

cheers,
webfaCe

Date: March 12, 2008 05:28PM

After search, click on the link below it to go to the search result pages

All php extensions should be in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ext

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: webface (---.region1.highspeedunplugged.bell.ca)
Date: March 12, 2008 06:50PM

the dll is infact in that folder yet it is still not working for me. In the php.ini files, are the statements to be preceeded by ";" ? In some cases they are not. This is still not working, I have the module in the folder but WAMP is not recognizing it. HELP sad smiley

webfaCe

Posted by: webface (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 13, 2008 02:41AM

i double checked the .dll order and infact did have to switch them. Restarted and it was good to go. (-_-)

Posted by: Matty (65.49.2.---)
Date: July 11, 2012 02:05PM

Hi, I have the same problem, so may I take u some time for help...

My environment is php5+mysql+apache.

I did as what u suggested to do: I re-arranged the order of the two extensions, saved and closed the php.ini.

Then restart apache through "my PC - right click - computer management - services and applications - services".

It is supposed to be fixed but not...

I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with my process, or anything else to be done, such as enabling the exif_read_data...

Anyway, thank u for your time to share us the info. And I'm really, really looking forward to ur reply.

-Matt

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 11, 2012 02:30PM

Matt,

Use the links found on the Wamp Manager icon to edit php.ini, to make sure you are editing the correct one. Unfortunately there are more than one in the wamp env for other reasons we do no need to go into now.

Also use the wamp manager 'Start all services' , 'Stop all Services', 'Restart all Services' options just to make sure you are restarting the correct services. Its just easier and quicker to find than using computer management to do it.

Posted by: camelhive (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 16, 2012 08:56PM

I had a problem enabling exif module on WAMP 2.2.

The problem is with php.ini; the extensions are listed alphabetically, but the exif extension requires php_mbstring to be loaded before it (see [php.net])

Moving the exif line below mbstring solved the problem for me:

extension=php_mbstring.dll
extension=php_exif.dll

Good luck!

Posted by: Matty (180.157.12.---)
Date: July 18, 2012 02:37AM

Riggs, I've solved the problem with ur help!

It was because I didn't use the wamp manager that failed to restart the app.

Thx a lot!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.