Wamp crashed so...
Posted by: blueman378 (---.cable.telstraclear.net)
Date: February 01, 2008 08:08AM

Hi guys, well i had Wamp 4 i believe installed on my laptop but my laptop quite literally died, so now i took the hardrive out and put it into my computer, i managed to copy all my website files off, however i did not manage to export my mysql database, how would i go about doing this?

wamp was installed in C:\Wamp\...
It is now located at D:\Wamp\...
i have a new installation of wamp 5 at C:\server\...

i am booting to C:\ drive so the registry is different,

how owuld i go about loading up my old wamp to export the data?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp crashed so...
Posted by: dsims (24.38.174.---)
Date: February 04, 2008 03:11PM

If you can boot into your c:\drive and can open your wamp www this is if you can get your c:\ drive to boot and you have e-mail configured and your online. If you have a double ( I don't know the correct terminology) cd-rom cable you could connect both of them and set your bios to connect to the working drive and hit F8 button and boot in command prompt and learn dos. I think it has something to do with copy C:\wamp\bin\mysql\ D:\Documents and Settings\"yourcomputername"\Desktop\ I am not really sure if you would have to escape the spaces with a backslash. And then check the files you currently have on your desktop to the ones in your wampserver each database should be in it's own folder just drop the folder in the mysql5.0.45 folder iles in the. Use dir alot to check that you're in the correct folder when in command prompt mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 03:31PM by dsims.

Re: Wamp crashed so...
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2008 04:01PM

It's easier if buy a 2.5 hd enclosure for about 5 or 10 bucks and use it as external storage which you can access all your files w/o dos mode. If you have db in MYISAM type, you can copy its folders and put in new mysql data folder, then copy verything in wamp/www folder to new wamp/www folder, and everything should work like before, of course w/ new wamp 2

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.