[EParseError] Invalid section tag??
Posted by: racmaster (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 10:08AM

Hi, I'm a nube so bear with me, but I am going crazy.

I have Vista Ultimate and have recently reinstalled WAMP5 (having WAMP 2.0 on my previous machine). I am using a PHP editor called NuSphere PHPeD which has a nice debugger. On my previous machine I had very few issues with localhost-to-debugger connections, same setup. I have to copy a .dll file to the Apache directory.

I install their debugger this time and WAMPserver fails to start. I tracked down the code and it is in the wampmanager.ini file, which writes half of each code lines related to the debugger on the next line (i.e. there are linebreaks in the middle of those code lines), causing it to break.

I have to delete all of those in order to get WAMPserver back. I know which ones to delete because I get the EParseErrors and it tells me which lines are messed up. It forces me to use WAMPserver without the debugger.

Is the problem WAMPSERVER or the DEBUGGER?!?!? I have spent hours checking the internet and cannot find anything related. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [EParseError] Invalid section tag??
Posted by: webmonkey (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 10, 2008 08:37PM

I think I have a solution!

It appears the root problem is with the php.ini file... my hypothesis is that the wampserver.ini is created by parsing the php.ini, so correcting the problem in thewampserver won't help!

I found that if I renamed "php_dbg.dll-5.2.x" to "php_dbg.dll" (and correct the associated line(s) in php.ini) everything works fine! smiling smiley

(though you may have to reinstall wamp, or restore from a backup if your wampserver.ini remains corrupted)

Hope this helps someone, because I had to register especially winking smiley

Monkey

Re: [EParseError] Invalid section tag??
Posted by: warmsunshine (---.Red-79-153-250.staticIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: August 02, 2008 04:49PM

Hey, I hadn't thought of that - although after being battered by Vista for the last few days, I forgive myself!

You also need to delete the references to php_dbg.dll-5.2.x in two places in the wampserver.ini (search for dbg), as they won't delete themselves.

Finally, I have ended up with 2 php.ini files, C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.ini, and C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.8\bin\php.ini - I had to amend the second one, not the first.

I was also set up to use two SQL versions, for different clients, within Wamp. I removed one before doing this, I don't know if it helped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.