PEAR + WAMP = Problem?
Posted by: cryptonec (---.cust.mdfnet.se)
Date: January 23, 2008 08:06PM

Hi Everybody !

I have installed WAMP 2.0 with success ( minor problem with skype ) but im ok ! :-)

I decided I wanted to install PEAR aswell, this is how I did and please correct me if I have done any mistakes.

1. open c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ and then clicked on 'go pear'

2. command line interface did come up and I basicly pressed enter the whole way, in other words, I installed it with the default settings.

3. I look in the php.ini file located in c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5 and apperently pear has added the follow line
at the end of the code: include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\pear"

4. I also looked in the php.ini file located in C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin and added the follow
line: include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\pear"

I don't know if I have done anything wrong, but I tried to type the command 'pear list-all' and nothing
happend, I am not really familar with php programming but I need this package to read a book that
uses pear in some chapters.

I would really appreciate any help or tips about how I can install/test pear proberly.

I searches google/wamp forum, I did found some relevant information about the issue, I tried a number of other installation methods, but this one seems for me like the right path to success. ;-) haha

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PEAR + WAMP = Problem?
Posted by: msteudel (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 12:15AM

What happens when you type:

pear install HTML_QuickForm

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.