PHP not working help please.
Posted by: velvetomatoe (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 01:07AM

Hello everyone! I've installed the WAMP server and transfered my databases, however I'm still having problems with the PHP. Localhost\ will display all html pages but will prompt me to either download or "save as" any php files.

I've tried:
-Enabling short tag although I don't use them --- nothing.
-Checking the forums --- no answers.
-Check Apache status --- all services working fine.
-Displaying & closing my firewall (norton) --- still no luck.
-Trying Firefox AND Internet Explorer -- neither work.

I think I've narrowed it down to Apache not interpreting the php because when you download the file, it displays both html and php. Any help on this one? I'm at my witts end. Thanks in advance!

-Kevin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP not working help please.
Posted by: Lord Cupid (209.183.34.---)
Date: January 23, 2008 04:08AM

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

Add the above line to your httpd.conf Apache configuration file. Just cut and paste it into there. Just use the Find Command in the Edit menu in Notepad and search on AddType. There's a few of them listed and the one above is most critical to getting php programs to display in your web browser.

Good luck!

Grace, Peace & Love;

Lord Cupid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 04:10AM by Lord Cupid.

Date: January 23, 2008 04:25AM

thanks for the heads up. I added that like you said and I'm still getting the same errors. I even uninstalled some recently added programs just in case and still having the same problem.

Thanks again though!

-Kevin

Posted by: Lord Cupid (209.183.34.---)
Date: January 23, 2008 06:34AM

If you installed the php, mysql & Apache software programs like i did before downloading Wamp Server, then those installations need to be uninstalled as the are duplicates, and may even be interferring with the operation of the Wamp installed copies via the DOS/Windows Path Command.

Of course, I had problems with the operation of the Wamp Server at the time and isolated the cause to the Path Command, and for that reason all the other installations got zapped. Including the Wamp setup, then I reinstalled Wamp from the downloaded copy I had. After all that, everything except php worked fine.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

Lord Cupid

Date: January 24, 2008 12:26AM

Nope this was a fresh install. I tried downloading previous versions of PHP for WAMP but the all reproduce the same exact problem. I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any other advice anyone? Thanks again for the help so far.

-Kevin

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2008 12:52AM

Hey Kevin,

If it's fresh install and you've already tried older versions, there must be some other soft that conflict w/ wamp, so either get a new hard drive or reformat your current hard drive (of course, back up your data before reformat) and install only windows and wamp. Make sure wamp work first, then install other soft back 1 by 1 to find out which 1 causes the problem

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.