WampServer 2.0 suddently not working
Posted by: skipy (86.55.121.---)
Date: January 17, 2008 08:04PM

Hello

I installed WamServer 2.0 last year and used it intensely for about a week. Yesterday I tried to start it and it wouldn't work:

Symptoms:
1. systray icon is red
2. (obviously)localhost nor phpmyadmin doesn't work
3. all error logs show nothing from this year
4. when I click on Start All Services/ Restart All Services, nothing happens.
5. When I hover mouse over icon, it sais serverOnline.
6. When I click Put Offline, I get error message: "Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started".
7. Only running Yahoo Messenger, AVG Free Edition (antivirus) and Google Notifier in the background.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 2.0 suddently not working
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2008 11:26PM

I'm not quite sure, but it seems google soft would prevent server to run since I've seen another user use different google soft but have similar problem

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: skipy (86.55.121.---)
Date: January 18, 2008 06:20AM

Didn't do anything.

Posted by: kslice917 (---.sssnet.com)
Date: January 20, 2008 10:29AM

I'm having the exact same problem, except the icon isn't red, and I have NO other programs installed -_-

I'm gonna say, that something just went wrong with the program itself, and it's not just us :-/

But, at the same time, I have a friend who has the EXACT same setup as me, and his works perfectly :-/

Date: January 20, 2008 03:54PM

Honestly, I've installed wamp since older version until this current one on more than 200 machines, and for this version alone on more than 20 machines and never had any problem; however, while installing, I've always had to find out and eliminate some software or setup that might stop or prevent wamp to run properly.

Different people have different things on their computers, and from your post, I try my best to figure out what going on your system and suggest what to do, but most of the time, users only post the problem but not including what they have or think it's might be the problem; as a result, the suggestions don't work at all

If you install wamp on computer that has ONLY Windows, no matter xp or vista, I'm 100% sure that wamp will run w/o any problem; after that, install other softs 1 by 1 such as anti virus, firewall, so on, and after each installation, check to make sure that wamp still run as expected

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: kslice917 (---.sssnet.com)
Date: January 20, 2008 08:46PM

I really appreciate your response...trust me, I do. But here's the thing:

I just formatted my entire HDD, I have put NOTHING on it. The only thing I do is install Wamp, configure it, put it online and try to get other users to connect. They have no luck what so ever. When I have nothing, absolutely nothing, but Wamp itself installed...what could be blocking it?

I mean, I only have the standard Windows XP Pro SP2, I have the ports forwarded properly on my router, I contacted my ISP, I've talked to hundreds of people about it in the past few days...

And again, it was stable as could be for more than 2 years, then just stops...with NO changes.

Date: January 20, 2008 10:37PM

Since you've already been using wamp for more than 2 yrs, even more than me, so I'm really trust your setup; however, most people have dynamic ip and even me often lost signal because ip changed; therefore, I suggest that you should check again your computer ip as well as web ip, also try w/ higher port such as 8080

Another thing that you might not believe it, but I hope this only happen to me. Since I have quite transactions per second and my previous isp suddenly just blocked all ports under 1024, which block pretty much all ports for web server, ftp server, mail server, torrent server, so on, and guess what happen when I call them, "NO, we don't block any port, but you might have high traffic over your bandwidth...", and that's why I had to change my isp, he he... he he... ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: alenap (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 21, 2008 03:25AM

I would like to get some help too. My wamp stopped working after i was installing some things. I tried system restore but i could not fix it. How can I the logs so that I could show you so that you might help me.

Date: January 21, 2008 08:02PM

anyone that can help me?

Date: January 21, 2008 08:12PM

Log files are in logs folder, but after system restore didn't help, you might consider to reformat your hd and reinstall windows and wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 23, 2008 05:29AM

to reformat my hd so that i can have wamp runing? Heh, i don't think it's worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 05:30AM by alenap.

Posted by: skipy (---.mmc.ro)
Date: January 23, 2008 12:45PM

Here's some interesting new facts about my problem: I uninstalled and reinstalled wamp, and now it works. Strange, isn't it?

Date: January 23, 2008 02:41PM

Date: January 23, 2008 08:12PM

tried it couple of times it didn't work

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.