ColdFusion and Wamp
Posted by: Jesdisciple (---.14.251.72.1dial.com)
Date: January 12, 2008 10:51PM

I installed WampServer 2 on my laptop and got a blue indicator on the dial, then I installed ColdFusion 8 in C:\wamp\ColdFusion8 with the Web root at C:\wamp\www (as I have it on my desktop with WAMP5 1.7.2), and the indicator changed to yellow. Apache had stopped running and refused to start again. So I uninstalled ColdFusion (and Apache was still dead), uninstalled Wamp, and reinstalled Wamp. Now I wonder what I should do about ColdFusion? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ColdFusion and Wamp
Posted by: chavor23 (---.4u.com.gh)
Date: January 12, 2008 11:19PM

Consider repeating the whole process again. It works sometimes !

Date: January 12, 2008 11:58PM

This time, when I'm telling ColdFusion about Apache, it tells me:

Adobe ColdFusion 8 does not support this version of Apache. The earliest supported Apache versions are 1.3.12 or later for Apache 1.x and 2.0.43 or later for Apache 2.x.
I have 2.2.6... What's going on?

Posted by: chavor23 (---.4u.com.gh)
Date: January 13, 2008 12:11AM

I think that is self explanatory. Try another version of Apache and hope it works. Your current version of Apache seem not to be compatible with the Adobe ColdFusion 8. Let's hope it works this time round.

Date: January 13, 2008 12:16AM

I was hoping it was a misidentification (CF thinking I had too low a version, not too high), but I guess not.

Apache isn't ready to be put into Wamp "right out of the box," is it? (I see at least one file in Apache's directory that was put there by Wamp.) Are they compatible, or how can I make them so?

Posted by: Angie (---.connect.com.fj)
Date: June 08, 2008 10:31AM

Hi

I am just wondering if you managed to make this work. I am also trying to install CF 7 and make it work with wampserver 2. My wampserver works fine, however after installing CF7, apache would not start at all.

After unistalling CF7, it works fine again. The version of Apache being used is 2.2.8, which I am sure does not work with CF7.

I am just wondering if you managed to make it work.

Thanks,
Angie

Angie Yee
angieyee.com

Posted by: Jesdisciple (---.dsl.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 09, 2008 04:27AM

Nope, it never did work. I just installed them as separate servers, since I only need them for development. (And the one that I thought had worked - on my desktop comp - hadn't. It must have eaten a bug in the CF installer or something.)

Posted by: Angie (---.is.com.fj)
Date: June 09, 2008 04:45AM

Thanks. I think CF7 does not work with that version of Apache (2.2.8). I ended up installing CF 8. Had it up and running in a couple of minutes

Angie Yee
angieyee.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.