WAMP > MySQL > source command
Posted by: stervyatnik (---.pngcom.com)
Date: January 09, 2008 06:27PM

Hello, all! New to the forum, so if this has been asked/answered before, please forgive me. (I did a search, and no joy, so hopefully I won't be castigated too mightily! winking smiley )

I installed WAMP Server on my WinXP machine at work, using the default settings/install. It now resides in:

c:\wamp

with all the attendant subfolders/directories. I am trying to use a dump of production server data - which I'm not allowed access to - on my local machine, in a source file named:

filename.sql

Now, I'm trying to use the "command line" command:

mysql>source filename.sql;

BUT, I keep getting Error 2. I have copied the .sql file into several directories/folders in my wamp install, but each time, I get that error. My question is: What is the "default" directory where I should copy my .sql file to, in order to use the "source" command? One further bit of info, I also tried to specify a distinct path, using:

mysql> source c:\wamp\filename.sql;

I even tried it in "Linux style:"

mysql> source c:/wamp/filename.sql;

And with both single and double quotes. I'm just stumped here, and wonder if anyone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 06:39PM by stervyatnik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP > MySQL > source command
Posted by: stervyatnik (---.pngcom.com)
Date: January 09, 2008 06:41PM

Hello again, all!

I then copied the file into c:\wamp itself, and - voila! - it worked. So - problem solved. I had been trying all the SUBfolders/directories, but never thought of the "root" folder itself.

Thanks to all posters who were just about to hit the "Post message" button. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.