MySQL Error
Posted by: jaku78 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 02:30AM

Hello,

I'm having troubles with WAMPSERVER 2.0 where MySQL will not start up as a service.

"080105 19:58:12 [ERROR] Default storage engine (InnoDcool smiley is not available
080105 19:58:12 [ERROR] Aborting

080105 19:58:12 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete"

Is in the SQL log.

I tried to use the Instance Configurator in the mysql/bin folder of WAMPSERVER 2.0 and it stopped at "Write configuration file"

Saying the error:

"The template configuration file cannot be found" It can't be created because it was looking at a path that doesn't exist in programs.

I don't believe I found the fix to it at all. But I already checked PHP.ini and it looks fine no ; interfering.

The port is 3036 is not in use.

I don't know too much about this so if someone could take the time to help me out a little I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL Error
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 04:58AM

hi. are u using vista or xp?

i had this problem before and it was all because i never restarted my computer after instalation, only when i restarted thst vista realised that mysqld-nt was a service that needed to be allowed and asked me was it ok to do so.
others have found that this problem is fixed by making sure the php extention php_mysql is turned on. lefT click on the wamp5 taskbar icon and go to php-> php extentions-> PHP_MYSQL AND click it.

one other reason is in the my.ini file. you will find this by left clicking wamp5 icon and going to mysql-then my.ini should be there, the default storage engine is set to INNOB. and people have found that commentting this line out by putting a # in front of it then restating the engine works,
or replacing INNOB with MyISAM

i recommend unistalling thw whole server using windows -control panel-add remove program . then delete the wamp folder which will have 3 folders still in it,
re install wampserver2.0 then restart your computer, then run wamp,wamp icon should go white. then just open your browser key in localhost and up pops your default index page. then just check that phpmyadmin works by trying localhost/phpmyadmin/
if phpmyadmin works mysql works

hope this helps you
steven

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2008 05:03AM by stevenmartin99.

Re: MySQL Error
Posted by: jaku78 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 07, 2008 03:52AM

Nah man, it wasn't that I knew it could run, instead of trying to deal with the memory storage type innoDB I changed it to a memory type database in my.ini and it has been working ever since.

Thank you for your help anyway, however.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.