Uploading to web
Posted by: Eg-EliteGhost (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 05:39PM

i built my webpage i have it fully running and it works through localhost via wamp server,

i copied all my files which are, my index and called functions for several parts of the webpage,
these files all load up and work perfectly after debugging them with wamp, once i upload them to my FTP to host on Web , my index comes up completely blank. i dont know where the error is to fix, if there is an error, or if somthing isnt supported.

Why does wamp local host page work, but not uploaded to web.? isnt it the same browser? same files?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploading to web
Posted by: Slider (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: December 18, 2007 05:53PM

Maybe your host configuration hasn't allowed Short Open Tags, that means <? instead of <? php, open again your php files, and modify only the beginning tag from <? to <?php, maybe this solves your problem!

Date: December 18, 2007 06:06PM

nah thats not it, i never use short hand tags, right now im trying the errors with already defined calls, i think i called my .php's too many times, and it gave me an error, for some reason the wamp server didnt catch it. i hope im still trying to figure it out

Date: December 18, 2007 06:07PM

Solved! wamp dosnt seem to care if things are declared twice,? where internet does? im not sure why but it worked that i only delcared them in the higher function.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.