localhost:81
Posted by: ortiz (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 16, 2007 07:05PM

Question:

How can modify Wamp2 to use port:81 instead of port:80?

This is what I have done:

I have tried to modify wampmanager.ini [menueleft] to:

Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5

but the changes are NOT being saved.

I also changed any reference to port 80 to port 81 on httpd.conf but no luck. (this changes are saved)

However if I open localhost from the wamp2 menue on the taskbar, I get a page not available but if I add :81 to the end of local host...then it opens.

This happens after I make the changes to the wampmanger .ini

I remember with the previous version of wamp I could modify the wampmanger.ini and the httpd.conf to use port:81 instead of port:80 which is used by IIS.

any suggestion anyone?

I would like to use Wamp2 but If I cant get it I suppose I could go back to Wamp1.7.

thanks

0rtiz.com;soniquemuseum.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost:81
Posted by: ortiz (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 16, 2007 08:46PM

OK, I figured it out.

Change the port:80 entries in httpd.conf to 81 or whatever port you want to use.

then

open wampmanager.tpl this, file is in the root of the wamp directory.

Edit the menu.left parameter settings to whatever host you require.

example: localhost/ to localhost:81

there should be 3 localhost entries there change all 3

I have mine set to port 81.

Changing these setting, will also change the settings in wampmanager.ini.

Thats it. Now when I can use Wamp2 in port 81 and ISS in port 80

Posted by: awarner20 (---.brillianceaudio.com)
Date: December 20, 2007 04:13PM

Hi folks,

I believe my situation is related to your posts. I have run wampserver2.0 successfully for about a week. I have just installed IIS. Wampserver and ISS now both display "Server Application Error" when I try to run either one.

I have read the instructions above and have changed the httpd.conf file to reflect 81 and also the wampmanager.tpl to reflect 81 in the three places listed. However, I cannot get either Wampserver or IIS to display anything but the above referenced message.

Can anyone here think of why Wampserver would just stop working after the IIS installation?

Thanks for any help you can provide. My job requires that I develop in both PHP and ASP.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 20, 2007 05:05PM

If you're more comfortable w/ iis, then just install php addon for iis, otherwise install asp.net addon for wamp instead running 2 servers

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 20, 2007 05:20PM

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I'm not really comfortable with IIS or wamp yet, I'm still in learning mode. I should learn how to install php on IIS though as that would be helpful at my job.

One other question please...are you saying that if I install asp.net addon for wamp, then I can run php and asp pages on same localhost?

Thanks again for the helpsmiling smiley

Date: December 20, 2007 06:09PM

Yep, but make sure you understand that asp.net is not the same as asp

BTW, you can install both iis and wamp since I had both before but, later on, I found that it's more headache to manage 2 servers than just install the needed addons

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 20, 2007 06:28PM

Thanks for the continued information. Here's a bit of background on the reason I'm trying to do all this.

This is a laptop issued by my company. So far, the company has everything programmed in classic .asp. On my personal time, I develop sites using several open source apps using php, like Wordpress. It is my goal to persuade my company to slowly let me incorporate php-based programming as my projects continue.

The goal for this laptop is to allow me to develop php, classic .asp, and even .net applications locally. However, I may have another issue at the core of my problems. I have uninstalled wampserver for now in an attempt to just get IIS working and then build upon that, but so far, IIS will not work. I have uninstalled the IIS components and reinstalled, but still no go.

I am continuing my search for a solution...I will post back when I learn more. Thanks again for your assistance.

Date: December 20, 2007 07:59PM

In that case, try this:

Theory, you can have both, but practically, they might conflict in some ways. w/ any wamp package, including this wampserver suite, you can install add-on such asp.net, jsp w/ tomcat, so on. Of course, I do know asp.net differ from asp, but they have a saying "you can't eat a cookie and have it the same time". Anyway, if you still like to try it, make sure to test on single unit before put on main server, and here is the simplest way as far as I know

1. Configure iis running as service
2. Stop iis
3. Install wampserver (w/ option running as service)
4. Open httpd.conf in wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.6/conf
5. Find and change listen 80 to other port such as 81, 8080, so on
6. Enable associated port 81, 8080, so on for wampserver in all firewalls and routers
7. Restart your computer, and now you have both iis and wampserver running

For testing, you should save in new folder every time you have new project, and for testing these 2, save these 2 test index.html in their associated location

// index.html testing asp stored in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\testiis

<html>
<body>
<p>
IIS working
</p>
<%
Response.Write("And ASP works, too"winking smiley;
%>
</body>
</html>

// index.html testing php stored in C:\wamp\www\testwamp

<html>
<body>
<p>
WAMP working
</p>
<?php
echo 'And PHP works, too';
?>
</body>
</html>

And access them like this:

[localhost]
[localhost]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.