Wamp 2.0 Services not Listed WINXP Pro
Posted by: codetester (---.s-ip.magma.ca)
Date: December 10, 2007 04:53PM

Hello there,

I have just installed Wamp 2.0 on a Windows XP Pro, and went through its installation process without a problem. However now the Wamp Tray icon does not list any of the services, it just lists "Help" and "Language" and it indicates server offline.

When I go to localhost with Firefox, it responds okay and it gives me a page that lists all the software that is installed Apache 2.xx MYSQL, PHP and its modules and also PHPMyAdmin.

I am wondering, how come the services are not listed when I click on my Wamp 2.0 Tray icon? I was expecting to have access to the various config files from there and other options as shown in the picture on your homepage.

Is there any way to get it to work as in the picture on your homepage? Please help.

Thanks,

CodeTester

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp 2.0 Services not Listed WINXP Pro
Posted by: nickhallam (193.120.42.---)
Date: December 10, 2007 05:32PM

I too am experiencing the exact same issue.

When I hover the mouse over the Wamp icon it says 'Wamp5 server - Offline' and there are no options for configiration; presumebly this is what is stopping a client browser from viewing the web pages??!!??

One of the options by right clicking should be to....- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost). Will this solve my issue of clients receiving a '403 You are not authorized to view this page error'?

I have Wamp5 running on a brand new server2003 install, and my clients are running XP. Everything seems to run nicely on the server side viewing the localhost.

Nick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 05:38PM by nickhallam.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2007 06:22PM

Left click on wamp tray icon to access main menu and right click access secondary menu

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 06:23PM by yfastud.

Posted by: codetester (---.s-ip.magma.ca)
Date: December 10, 2007 07:18PM

Thank you so much! LEFT CLICK! That's what it was. I'm way to used to RIGHT CLICKING tray icons...

Date: December 10, 2007 07:33PM

Posted by: nickhallam (193.120.42.---)
Date: December 11, 2007 10:44AM

Thanks for the left click advice !!

My client pc can now see the new homepage but for some reason it will only appear in a text format with none of the icons or logos (css and html templates). Also the the hyperlinks result in a 'Page cannot be displayed, Cannot find server or DNS error' message. The pages can all be viewed perfectly on the server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Date: December 11, 2007 01:28PM

You didn't have proper setup for local access

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.