New WAMP 2.0 PHP
Posted by: kslice917 (---.sssnet.com)
Date: December 10, 2007 06:10AM

Ok, so I've been using Wampserver for a good bit of time now...and haven't had ANY problems. So, I just upgraded to the 2.0 version of WAMP.

Now, all of the sudden, the .php function for uploading files no longer works! I'm using Windows XP SP2.

I've checked all files and settings, and they're all the same as before I upgraded pretty much :-/

I've spent hours on end trying to look through the php.ini file and httpd.conf file. So far as I've seen, everything is fine. I'm even using the same .php file as I was before.

So, if anybody has any ideas what could be wrong, or would like to see my php files or such, please, let me know.

Thanks!
--
kslice

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New WAMP 2.0 PHP
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2007 02:52PM

You might want to post the codes here so people can help you out

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 10, 2007 10:27PM

php.ini file changes:

Basically, just increased the size of uploads, changed the temp upload directory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 10:39PM by kslice917.

Date: December 10, 2007 10:27PM

httpd.config changes:

Changed it to listen on port 8080 and that's about it. I also changed the default directories.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 10:41PM by kslice917.

Date: December 10, 2007 10:29PM

The above files are the php.ini and httpd.conf files respectively. I also have a privilege added that will allow all users on any system to upload, change, delete, modify, and read data.

I've just changed the values to my own directories and file size wants. I followed the format of the examples given in the files.

So, what could be wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 10:42PM by kslice917.

Date: December 10, 2007 10:32PM

Huh??? I meant your upload php codes and part of config files that edited, not the whole file, since people might not detect what you actually changed

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 10, 2007 10:44PM

ok...changed all of that.

I really didn't make many changes, nor did I have to before. There should be nothing wrong with the upload.php file/script I am using as it always worked before and I haven't made any changes to it since. But, if you should want to see that, let me know.

Thanks again for all of the help guys!

Date: December 12, 2007 09:49PM

Ok, so....2 days now and no reply. So, am I allowed to post on this thread that I really need help with this and it's taking forever? Or would you consider that an un-allowed bump?

Date: December 12, 2007 11:41PM

[forum.wampserver.com]

From the link above, you can see that different wamp version might have some minor change which might effect your old codes in some ways, so if you post the whole config files, people can not see what you changed, but if you only state general about what you changed in config files, people might not sure what you actually change, and also if you don't post your codes, nobody can see if it's still good to work w/ this wamp, so might want to cut and paste the part of config files that you made the change.

In addition, if you post your codes here, some people might try it out and let you know the outcome or what should edit.

Remember to omit your personal info before posting.

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 13, 2007 01:55AM

Ok, so here are the parts of the php.ini file I have changed:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 7200 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 7200 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level
memory_limit = 1280M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128Mcool smiley

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = "C:/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/temp uploads"

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 1280M

Date: December 13, 2007 01:59AM

And here are the parts of the httpd.config file that I changed:

Listen 80
Listen 8080

ServerName localhost:8080

DocumentRoot "C:/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/"

<Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/">

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

Date: December 20, 2007 12:52AM

So, still no suggestions/replies to this thread. Does anybody know what could be wrong, or I am just pretty much on my own on this one?

I would also like to state the following:

Before I upgraded, I could just install, go into the php.ini file and allow .php uploads, changing NO other options; and everything worked fine. However, no matter what I do with the 2.0 version, I cannot. I can't even use .php uploads as the localhost (which I should be able to).

Again, any and help is appreciated!
--
kslice917

Date: December 20, 2007 03:23AM

As already mentioned, if you don't post your codes, nobody can test it out for you, since I didn't make any change for uploading and I have no problem w/ this simple codes:

<!-- html file -->
<html>
<body>

<form action="upload.php" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
<label for="file">Filename (jpg/gif):</label>
<input type="file" name="file" id="file" />
<br />
<input type="submit" name="Upload" value="Upload" />
</form>

</body>
</html>

<!-- php file -->
<?php
if (($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif"winking smiley
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpeg"winking smiley
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg"winking smiley
&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000))
{
if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)
{
echo "Return Code: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br />";
}
else
{
echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";
echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";
echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " Kb<br />";
echo "Temp file: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"] . "<br />";

if (file_exists("upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]))
{
echo $_FILES["file"]["name"] . " already exists. ";
}
else
{
move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"],
"upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]);
echo "Stored in: " . "upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"];
}
}
}
else
{
echo "Invalid file";
}
?>

As seen in the codes, it limits 20kb and jpg or gif only and you can test it here. Note: I leave it open for testing in 24hr only

[jlbn.com]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 21, 2007 01:21AM

Ok, well see, yours works.

My .php upload script is very similar, but WON'T work:

<!
===========================================================
||PHP Uploading Organizer ||
||Modified by: ||
||Kevin L. Arbogast (kslice) with help from: ||
||IntensityBill ||
||kevinarbogast@yahoo.com ||
||http://spaceballs.no-ip.org/ ||
|| ||
||Feel free to use with or without credits, I don't care.||
===========================================================
>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico" />
<style type="text/css">

//Reading the below, we can gather the following information:
//Anything wrapped in <h1></h1> tags will be size 16 font. <h2></h2> is size 14 font and so on.

body { color:#000000; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align:center; margin:0px; background:#000000; }
h1 { font-size:16px; padding:0px; margin:0px; }
h2 { font-size:14px; }
h3 { font-size:13px; }
#wrap { width:810px; margin:0 auto; background:#d60000; text-align:left; }
#header { font-size: 16px; padding:0px; margin:0px; background:#d60000; color:#000000; padding:10px; }
#content { margin:10px; background:#d60000; }
#content img {padding:5px; margin:0 auto; }
#apDiv1 {
position:absolute;
left:304px;
top:65px;
width:189px;
height:112px;
z-index:1;
}
.style8 {
color: #3399FF;
font-weight: bold;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.style20 {color: #D60000}
</style>
</head>

<!
||==========================
||Start HTML Documentation||
||==========================
>

<title>SpaceBalls Upload</title>
<body>
<center>
<table width="580" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><!--DWLayoutTable-->
</table>
<div id="wrap">
<div id="header">
<h1>Upload Your Files</h1>
</div>
<div id="content">
<h2>Please check the rules about uploading in the Rules section
before uploading anything. </h2>
<br><br>
<h3>You can currently upload music, flash, images, archives, video, documents, and even programs!<br>More file types will be added in the future.</h3>
<table width="755" height="78" align="center" class="main_table">
<!--DWLayoutTable-->
<tr>
<td width="370" height="72" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#d60000"><form action="upload.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<div align="center">
<h1><span class="style8"> <span class="style20">Upload Your Files! </span></span></h1>
<h1><span class="style8"><br />
<input type="file" name="userimage" />
<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Upload" />
</span></h1>
</div>
<!
====================================================
||I'm sorry to say that you will have to manually ||
||enter in the maxium file size for now. I am ||
||hoping to have an update soon to read this ||
||automatically. Until then, you have to enter ||
||it manually. ||
====================================================
>

</form>Max File Size: 50MB.<td>

<!
||========================
||End HTML Documentation||
||========================
>
<!
||=========================
||Start Upload PHP Coding||
||=========================
>

<td width="368" align="left" valign="middle" bgcolor="#d60000"><p>
<?php
//=======================The Paths to each file type.==========================

$swfpath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/flash/";
$imgpath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/images/";
$musicpath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/music/";
$videopath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/videos/";
$exepath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/programs/";
$docpath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/documents/";
$rarpath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Desktop/SpaceBalls/files/archives/";
$ddspath = "/Documents and Settings/Programmer/Deskotp/SpaceBalls/files/dds/";

//==============================End of Paths=======================================

//Maxium File Size. (in cool smiley*(in Kcool smiley*(in Mcool smiley*(in Gcool smiley I'm sure you can figure that out.
$max_size = 1024*1024*50;

if (!isset($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage'])) exit;

//==================================================Image Files Start========================================================
if (is_uploaded_file($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name']))
if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['size']>$max_size) { echo "The file is too big \n"; exit; }
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/gif"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/pjpeg"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/jpeg"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/png"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/bmp"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($imgpath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $imgpath .
$HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name']);
if (!$res) { echo "Upload Failed!<br>\n"; exit; } else { echo "Upload Successful!<br>\n"; }

echo "File Name: ".$HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name']."<br>\n";
$imgurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$imgurl.">".$imgurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//===================================================Image Files End=========================================================
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//====================================================Flash Files Start======================================================
if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['size']>$max_size) { echo "The file is too big \n"; exit; }
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-shockwave-flash"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($swfpath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $swfpath .
if (!$res) { echo "Upload Failed!<br>\n"; exit; } else { echo "Upload Successful!<br>\n"; }

echo "File Size: ".$HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['size']." bytes<br>\n";
$flashurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$flashurl.">".$flashurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//====================================================Flash Files End========================================================
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//====================================================Music Files Start======================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="audio/mp3"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="audio/mid"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="audio/wma"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="audio/mpeg"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/mp3"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($musicpath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $musicpath .

$musicurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$musicurl.">".$musicurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//===================================================Music Files End=========================================================
//===================================================Video Files Start=======================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="video/mpeg"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="video/x-ms-wmv"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($videopath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $videopath .

$vidurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$vidurl.">".$vidurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//===================================================Video Files End=========================================================
//=================================================Program Files Start=======================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/octet-stream"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/SoftWindows"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/unknown"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="magnus-internal/cgi"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/exe"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-exe"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/dos-exe"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="vms/exe"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-winexe"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/msdos-windows"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-msdos-program"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-msdownload"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-zip-compressed"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($exepath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $exepath .

$exeurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$exeurl.">".$exeurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//===================================================Program Files End=======================================================
//==================================================Document Files Start=====================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/msword"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="text/plain"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/pdf"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="text/richtext"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/rtf"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-rtf"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($docpath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $docpath .

$docurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$docurl.">".$docurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//==================================================Document Files End=======================================================
//==================================================Archive Files Start======================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-compressed"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-zip-compressed"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/zip"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="multipart/x-zip"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/rar"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="application/x-compressed"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($rarpath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $rarpath .

$rarurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$rarurl.">".$rarurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//================================================Archive Files End==========================================================
//================================================DDS Files Start============================================================
if (($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/x-dds"winking smiley || ($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['type']=="image/dds"winking smiley) {
if (file_exists($ddspath . $HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['name'])) { echo "That file has already been uploaded.<br>\n"; exit; }

$res = copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['userimage']['tmp_name'], $rarpath .

$ddsurl = "[spaceballs.no-ip.org]['userimage']['name'];
echo "File Location: <a href=".$ddsurl.">".$ddsurl."</a><br>\n";
}
//===================================================DDS Files End===========================================================

?>
</p></td>
<!
||=====================
||End PHP Upload Code||
||=====================
>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
<!
||==================
||End of HTML Code||
||==================
>
<!END>

Date: December 21, 2007 01:50AM

Change all:

$HTTP_POST_FILES

To:

$_FILES

Save the file and try again

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 21, 2007 02:20AM

OMG - That was pretty freakin' simple! Might I ask why I had to change that? Also, I would like to ask if there is a way to make it so that $HTTP_POST_FILES will still work (seeing as how a lot of old, but still good scripts use them)?

And again, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
--
kslice917

Date: December 21, 2007 02:25AM

If I don't remember wrong, in order to use it, you have to enable "register global" which is definitely NOT recommended, and would be omitted in php6

BTW, if you post your codes on your first post, you didn't waste those 10 days for that "little" mistake

he he.... he he.... ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2007 02:28AM by yfastud.

Date: December 21, 2007 06:30PM

I could swear I had enabled that before when I was trying to get this working, and it didn't work :-/

Then again, I could be wrong...

And the reason I didn't post my actual upload.php file I was using is because it was working PERFECTLY, before I updated to 2.0 - So, I assumed the problem lied within Wampserver itself (or a component of the such, such as the new version of PHP). Also, when you were telling me to post my codes, I thought you had meant the php.ini and other setting codes - Seeing as how I thought the problem was with Wampserver, I assumed you did as well :-/

Either way, I'll be sure to make sure all of my .php files in the future do not contain $HTTP_POST_FILES and if they do, I will change that to $_FILES

Again, thanks a lot! I really needed this to work, waiting for a long time; but rest assured, I got my answer. Thank you!

Date: December 21, 2007 08:36PM

Yep, it's the same for similar such as:

$HTTP_GET_VARS
$HTTP_POST_VARS

Replace w/:

$_GET
$_POST

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.