Cookies must be enabled past this point.
Posted by: loop4ever (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2007 09:31PM

Hi,

I have a website which is hosting by a professional hosting company. I used to have a copy on my own local PC and test my code locally before I submitted to my remote site. Due to the time limitation, I started to modify my code locally and tested it remotely. I couldn't afford to spend weeks to learn how to setup my working environment.

Recently, I got my phase I out. And would like to spend time to clean up my working environment. I tried to restore a copy of my db on my local PC and found out the db version is not compatible to what I had. I then downloaded and installed WampServer 1.7.4. After couple days of struggling, I finally got everything running. I was able to restore my db by running a mysql cmd. What I couldn't do when my local PC was hosting my test site were:

1. editing my db through phpMyAdmin. In phpMyAdmin, the message, "Cookies must be enabled past this point", always shows up. I am very sure the cookie is enabled in my browsers (both ff & ie6).

2. logging in to Wordpress. I also noticed that I could not login to the Wordpress supported in my test site due to the same reason - couldn't set cookie.

This is driving me nuts. Can someone please help me? My goal is very simple. I just need a working environment on my PC so I can demonstrate my website to others when there is no Internet connection.

Things I changed:

in php.ini:
include_path = ".;C:/wamp/php/includes;C:/wamp/php/class"

in phpmyadmin/conf.inc.php
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';

One odd thing is when I checked the cookie list from FF I saw one cookie, "pma_navi_width", and only one cookie got set. Its host is "localhost" and its path is "/phpmyadmin/". So, one of the cookie was set but the rest of them weren't set!

loop4ever

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookies must be enabled past this point.
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2007 09:33PM

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
Change to:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

Save file and restart wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 09, 2007 11:02PM

yfastud,

Thanks! But I had auth_type set to 'config' first. It didn't work. I also tried to set session.cookie_domain to localhost and it failed too. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Wampserver again. No luck!

I know my browser is fine because I can use the phpMyAdmin running at my remote site to edit my remote db.

Any other suggestions?

loop4ever

Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: December 09, 2007 11:03PM

IE7 has a "set multiple cookies" bug, try a different browser.

Date: December 09, 2007 11:54PM

jw_k,

I do not even have ie7 installed on my machine. I am using FF 2.0.0.11 and ie6. Both browser have the same problem. I have just un-installed wamp5 1.7.4 and installed WampServer 2. Same problem. I just simply installed WampServer 2 and then open up phpMyAdmn. "Cookies must be enabled past this point" shows up again. I did not change anything at all.

I would like to quote again about what I saw in my cookie list.

"One odd thing is when I checked the cookie list from FF I saw one cookie, "pma_navi_width", and only one cookie got set. Its host is "localhost" and its path is "/phpmyadmin/". So, one of the cookie was set but the rest of them weren't set!"

I even deleted this cookie and then re-run phpMyAdmin. The cookie was set again. So as the waning message.

I must have a funny setting on my computer. I just don't know what it is.

loopever

Date: December 10, 2007 12:33AM

Hi all,

I stopped running my ZoneAlarm Security software. The cookies are set up properly now.

I do want to have ZoneAlarm running on my PC. Does anybody know what I should set in ZonAlarm to allow cookies get set?

loop4ever

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2007 12:57AM

Ahh, ZoneAlarm...

Cyber is a master w/ it, but it seems he's a litle busy recently; I'm a little old type, so I'm only using either McAffee or Norton, even I now that I lot of people hate them, but for me so far so good, so he he ... he he ... ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 10, 2007 02:36AM

yfastud,

Thanks a lot! The problem is solved. I just updated my ZoneAlarm to version 7.0.462.000. Setting cookies is fine now. It took me three days. Nothing need to be setting in ZoneAlarm for this. It worked right after my PC restart.

I appreciate your doc listed in your site. I cannot donate any money yet but I will do it when I receive money from my donors.

Keep up this good job!

loop4ever

Posted by: hornetbzz (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: November 26, 2008 01:31AM

Hi Loop4ever,

I'm facing exactly the same issue with even more recent releases of FF (3.0.4) , ZA Pro (7.0.483) and wampserver (2.0). (I know, your post is already from a while ago).

This generates several kind of problems and related messages, like :
- you should accept cookies to go further (translation from the genuine french msg..)

- Missing parameter: format (FAQ 2.8)
- import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)

These last both occurs when you have gone further through other paths to set up a control user (SQL console), phpMyAdmin generate anyway other msgs preventing us from going further.

As for you, FF setting for cookies acceptance is fine. (and as for you, same with other browsers IE, Chrome..)

Deactivating completely ZA, phpMyAdmin allows me to affect new users and their rights, to create a new dB as well as new tables.

So the problem is coming from the cookies setting within ZA (privacy)

DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION for setting the cookies acceptance rules keeping using ZA ?

Thx in advance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.