problem with wamp server on small business server
Posted by: morloc (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: December 07, 2007 12:01PM

Hi

Weve tried to install the wamp server on a server running ms small business server. Wamp insatlled fine but when tried to put online we got an error. So we decided to uninstall and install wamp on a local pc on the network which was fine.

It now seems that the uninstall of wamp on the main server left stuff on there as the server is falling over daily with conflicts of domain controllers etc.

Anyone else experience these type of problems as until now wamp has always been fine for me.

Also to totally wipe wamp from the server is there anything else besides deleting the wamp directory. disabling the process and removing wamp registry entries????

any help welcome

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problem with wamp server on small business server
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 07, 2007 01:57PM

Before uninstall wamp, did you try to change port of either wamp or ms server? 2 web servers can run the same time as long as they don't run in the same port; try to change port for wamp from 80 to 81 and access as follows:

[localhost]

Remember to enable port 81 in all firewalls or your wamp can't run

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: problem with wamp server on small business server
Posted by: morloc (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: December 07, 2007 02:22PM

i didnt but that doesnt really matter as small office server just went nuts after wamp was uninstalled so i really think they didnt like each other at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.