Wamp not for production??
Posted by: gegala (---.dsl.eulstx.swbell.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 11:07PM

Hello all,

Is it true that WAMP5 is not for production? What is the difference between this and the one for production? I mean to say what can go wrong if I go ahead and use this WAMP5 for launching my websites?

It was the easiest to install and the easiest to manipulate...what is the worst that can happen? I am a newbie hoping to launch my first website on a WAMP/ windows XP platform. The first website is going to be a community type website with lots of user accounts, photos, and possibly worldwide. Am I missing something?

If not WAMP5 is there any other stack that can be used for production?

Thanks guys, I respect your opinions.

Gegala.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp not for production??
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 29, 2007 12:09AM

Actually, wamp2 is production compatible if you install version that has ssl which is one of feature for security; however, you still need to do a lot of other things to secure your server from spammer's spy bots (if you have mail server or clients' email for forums, so on), from hacker's mysql injection, db manipulations, so on to steal your or your client sensitive info, so on

On the other hand, if you have server just to host forums, blogs, photo galleries, so on, you don't have to worry much about losing sensitive info, except your clients' emails... ;-)

I have 3 servers running wamp since older version for more than a year and so far so good.. ;-)

If I'm missing anything, feel free to add your opinions

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.