Multiple Instances Running
Posted by: scottrill2 (---.hsd1.nm.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 05:31PM

Hello,

I have searched the forum and did not find an answer to my questions, if I missed it an am posting a question already asked I do apologize.

I am very new to PHP, Mysql etc so forgive me if these questions are retarded lol

I have read that shopping carts with registered globals OFF are more secure than ones with globals turned on, however one of the carts Im evaluating needs register_globals ON and one cart Im evaluating needs register_globals OFF.

I am wanting to use the multiple instance feature of Wampserver 2.0 so that I can have one php setup with globals on and one with globals off.

I would also like to have two instances of mysql so that I can label both databases the same but to where if I try something different on one it has no effect on the other.

I read the faq, in regard to the php.ini, phpForApache.ini, and wampserver.conf files. I have made sure to place the files in the respective folders like "php5.2.5b" but was curious as to what needed to be changed in each of these files?

Also if I can get a second instance of mysql working, would I also then need a second instance of phpMyAdmin too?

If someone could post step by step instructions that would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.