[function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
Posted by: shogo2040 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 04:45PM

* Windows Vista Home
* Wamp5 1.7.3

I am having problems with permissions in windows. I set my wamp folder to have full access for the Everyone user as well as all the other users (SYSTEM, etc) listed in there. I assume wamp is being run by the SYSTEM user. but since that didn't work I added "Everyone" full access.

I suspect maybe Windows Vista doesn't allow paths directly from the C: root drive because my wamp path is C:\wamp

But I don't want to install it in my user's "My documents" folder.

How do I fix this in the strict world of Windows Vista?

Or does this have anything to do with the filesystem? Maybe there's some tweaking of php.ini? httpd.conf?

Thanks,

-SHOGO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 26, 2007 04:29PM

As far as I know, it's no matter xp, 2k, 2k3, or 2k8, wamp can only run under admin privilege, so you might not able to setup another admin, but users; for example:

c:/wamp/www/user1
c:/wamp/www/user2

Different people have different way to setup the way user connect to the server; for example, through browser, ftp, so on, so this is up to you

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: shogo2040 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2007 08:30AM

i just could not figure this out! sad smiley wondered all thanksgiving long about it. So I went on my mac, chmod 777 and boom.. it worked on a first try with the MAMP. But thats no good.. i want to develop on my vista laptop with Wamp!

I finally got it working:

a. control panel -> administrative tools -> services

b. right click on "wampapache"

c. click properties

d. click "log on" tab

e. You'll see the radio button on "Local System account"

f. Click the other radio "this account" and browse to your username and enter your password.

Please reply to this thread if this works for you too! and specifiy which version of windows.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2007 04:28PM

Good found, even I'm not sure why you like to do it; I guess different people have different thoughts; for example, we, I and my group members, all have remote access with full admin privilege to all 3 servers (1 vista, 2 xp) running wamp 24/7, so any of us can work on any server at any time; if we need to work together, we just enable group access at the time

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.