error 404
Posted by: kmaston (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 01:21AM

I've had WAMP on my computer for a year or so now and it has worked fine. Recently I have created a form and submitted it to a php page. When I hit submit a 404 error occurs and says the php file is not there (which it is).
If I preivew the php directly from Dreamweaver the page works. Does anybody know if there is something in my config files that I must adjust so that I will stop getting the 404 error? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error 404
Posted by: Pnaky (---.eurotel.cz)
Date: November 25, 2007 02:16AM

I think the problem is in source code of php script because if other pages working fine, your configuration of WampServer is ok...

Date: November 25, 2007 02:36AM

yea i think you were right. Do you know why the errors didn't show? or how I could setup WAMP to show errors?

Posted by: Pnaky (---.eurotel.cz)
Date: November 25, 2007 04:18AM

You can check the php/apache error log... Do you have .htacces in the script dir???

Posted by: CyberSpatium (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:38AM

404 errors are file not found errors. this means you are not pointing to the correct location to the php file in your script.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: November 25, 2007 05:12PM

Pnaky:

no there isn't .htaccess in the directory.

CyberSpatium:

The file is in the correct directory, when i posted from a form to the php page and just did an echo command it worked. when there is an error in the php file though it says 404 error.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.