Apache error - not a compiled character set
Posted by: herb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 05:46PM

Greetings... Big thanks for your efforts. I've been using WAMP for a few years now and it's Great!!

One issue that I've had since the beginning is that I repeatedly get the following error in my apache_error.log. (maybe with every page access?)

File 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#192' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\Index' file

I suspect it might be a remnant of a previous installation of mysql that I did before I learned about WAMP, but I can't find any configuration files to change or delete.. I no longer have a c:\mysql directory, as everything is now under c:\wamp.

If you give me any ideas of how to change a config file, or otherwise get rid of this error it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Herb

PS - Just an update.. I do get this error with every page that is served. Also, I have scanned my registry for c:\mysql and found nothing... So now I'm even more confused. Any ideas on where to look next??

Post Edited (11-14-07 18:42)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache error - not a compiled character set
Posted by: herb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 07:13PM

OK - In case any one else has this issue....

I had changed the default-character-set=latin1 in my.ini to

default-character-set=utf8

When I changed it back to default-character-set=latin1, all is well and the errors go away..

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.