1 of 2 services not running
Posted by: vilas (---.17.196.88.static.vsnl.net.in)
Date: October 29, 2007 01:58PM

i have installed wamp server.After installation it is saying that server offline and 1 of 2 services not running .How do i know which service is not running?Again if i tried to start all services again the same message and if tried to put server online it says could not exexute menu item (internal error)Could not perform service action .The service has not benn started i m so much confused please help what is the problemwith my pc Thank you!

vilas

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1 of 2 services not running
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 08:14PM

most likely it is apache that is not running. make sure you do not have any others web servers installed or you are running iis. if you have iis, make sure it is not running. all web servers use port 80. if that port is being used by another web server, apache will not start. also make sure you do not have skype running. skype also uses port 80.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.