accessing from internet
Posted by: frenchsquared (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2007 06:34PM

ok, Im very new to WAMP and servers so I am sorry for the dumb questions

When I go to my ip address 71.196.202.99 from a computer not on my network it takes me to my www folder. The problem is that it works great if I do not have an index file.
such as currently I have "f2 index.html". A list of files displays, then I click on "f2 index.html" and the file opens correctly. However if I change the file to "index.html" nothing happens.
The page just continually tries to load.

I want to use WAMP as a testing server, but I want to be able to access it from anywhere.
This is on a stand alone computer, it is on a network but this computer is only used as a server. I want to put an index file in the .www folder and it become the home page. I will not store sensitive materials. I am a Web Design student and need to show projects from this server.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: accessing from internet
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 08:24PM

you need to rename f2 index.html to index.html

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.