phpinfo.php
Posted by: wolfbytez (---.tb.shawcable.net)
Date: October 27, 2007 12:28AM

Is anybody else having the following problem?
After setting up Wamp and seeing that all services are running, if I query local host I get the expected Wamp5 page and from there the phpinfo( ) function link works, but if I write that same function in a plain text editor (notepad) and try to run it I get a blank page. I checked the httpd.conf file and it points to the directory where my phpinfo script resides (C/wamp/ www).
I am try to get through a Lynda.com(PHP with MySQL Essetial Training) course and am stuck truying to make this work.!?
My platform is as follows : Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 - Zone alarm firewall - IIS not installed.
Can anyone help with this? Thanks
wolfbytez

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpinfo.php
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: October 27, 2007 03:13PM

Hi,

Have you created a text file similar to 'myphpinfo.php' which inludes the following lines:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

If it fails, have a look at the file c:\wamp\logs\php_error.log which may have an error message if your script has a fatal error.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 27, 2007 05:48PM

By default, short_open_tag in c:/wamp/apache2/bin/php.ini is off, and you MUST restart your wamp if you switch it to on in order to use short tag <? instead full tag <?php. Also, you MUST access your php/html files through your document_root which by default is c:/wamp/www, so if you save your_file.php in c:/wamp/www/your_folder, then access it as follows:

[localhost]

It's not a very good idea to enable short_tag, but it seems nowadays a lot of free scripts using it, so it's your choice

It seems you're new to this wamp, so check my site for other setups

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net]

Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: October 27, 2007 05:51PM

Make sure that you don't save the .php files in unicode or in utf8 and that there is not a single character before <?php - even not an empty line! - and nothing after ?> (the ?> may even be omitted).
You also will get problems running phpMyAdmin if Zonealarm is installed (or not tailored accordingly).

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2007 10:41PM

jw_k wrote:

> and that there is not a single character before <?php -
> even not an empty line! - and nothing after ?> (the ?> may
> even be omitted).

this is not 100% true. unless you are using a feature like sessions for example, then it does not matter what you put in front of and/or after your opening and closing php tags. for example, i use this code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Some Test</title>
</head>
<body>

<?php

if ($iStink = 1) {
echo 'wow, i stink.';
} else {
echo 'good dont stink';
}

?>
</body>
</html>

> You also will get problems running phpMyAdmin if Zonealarm is
> installed (or not tailored accordingly).

i also have zone alarm and wamp working together flawlessly

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.