help
Posted by: javivi (---.mde.es)
Date: October 23, 2007 08:32AM

Hi everybody.

I am a new user of WAMP software. after installing it, everything went OK with it.

The problem started when I had to reinstall completely my system. The pages I saved before reinstall the system are not working anymore.

Is there any way to recover those pages and make it working again in WAMP?

Your help in this matter will be fully appreciated!!!

thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: October 23, 2007 11:55AM

Hi,

A lot depends on what type of site you had. If it was a CMS based site where the pages are created dynamically from the database, you should have a full backup of the MySQL database which you could restore to the system.

If it was a site you wrote yourself in PHP, you should restore the document root folder.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Re: help
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2007 05:11PM

how old was your previous version of wamp. the older versions are incompatible with the latest versions.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.