MyPHPAdmin
Posted by: swanside (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: October 18, 2007 09:30PM

HI all,

I have installed WAMP, and I can run the server, MySQL and PHPADmin from the local host.

I have put a test.php file in the www folder, get my laptop out and I can connect to the server and view the webpage of the test.php file.

I can type in the ip address of my PC at 192.168.0.99 and I get the PHP info page, but on the tools menu, I click on MyPHPAdmin, I get an HTTP 403 Forbidden Page. The Websitedeclined to show this page.

ANy ideas please?

Cheers
Paul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MyPHPAdmin
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 22, 2007 06:04PM

For your own security, phpmyadmin and sqlitemanager are, by default, blocked from outside access

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Testing Codes for PHP, MySQL, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Posted by: tunsiconet (196.203.155.---)
Date: October 23, 2007 09:24PM

you can copy the phpmyadmin directory to your "www" folder, rename it (to evoid conflict) then you can access it as your own project.
the deal is done

Tounsi Moez
Genie Logiciel

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2007 05:06PM

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS TIP. This is a huge security issue. you do not want phpmyadmin accessible by anyone. search these forums for how to password protect phpmyadmin.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.