port
Posted by: enigma (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: October 04, 2007 06:18PM

Is there any way to configure the entire WAMP setup to operate on port 81 instead of port 80? I got the Apache config changed to port 80 but the apache services still will not launch. I am trying to make it run parallel to IIS.

Thanks,

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: port
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 04, 2007 07:05PM

Check my old post here

[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Date: October 04, 2007 09:19PM

I've got the IIS webpage setup to use port 81 and the WAMP install using port 80. Is there a way to make it connect to the IIS page if someone goes to iis.mywebpage.com and to the WAMP page if they go to wamp.mywebpage.com? I tried using the Vhosts as described in the link but the apache server will not start if I have it configured as such. I shut off the IIS services until I can get the apache server up in case that was the conflict.

Post Edited (10-04-07 21:22)

Date: October 04, 2007 09:55PM

Not sure what link you mentioned about, but vhost controlled by Apache so it only effects php and mysql; on the other hand, to create subdomain for iis, you have to create a new web, then on the website properties tab, hit advanced, click add, then enter your subdomain as the host header on port 81.

Have fun,

Date: October 04, 2007 10:06PM

I'm trying to host two separate subdomains on a single server with only 1 IP address. One page needs to have ASP.Net (hence the IIS server) and the other uses PHP, MySQL and Apache. I've got both of the subdomains wamp.mywebpage.com and iis.mywebpage.com point back to my server's IP. I'm just not sure of the best way to make each subdomain connect to the appropriate page. After the DNS is resolved the connections are both forward to the same IP so I am not so sure our setup will work as we are hoping.

I have the IIS website setup as stated above. I was trying to configure the VHOST to redirect traffic intended for the IIS subdomain to the IIS server and leave the other traffic going to the WAMP server.

Date: October 04, 2007 10:31PM

He he... he he... ;-)

We used to configured that way, I mean we have both iis and wamp before, but after a while we had a little problem here and there w/ iis, so now only wamp w/ asp.net and sql add-on as seen here:

[test.jlbn.com]

If you want iis is the main server, you can have php and mysql add-on instead have 2 different servers

Have fun,

Post Edited (10-06-07 05:10)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.