site install
Posted by: owells (---.bltmmd.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2007 10:07PM

I have read the manual followed it, I get the wamp homepage, nothing when i i localhost.phpinfo.php.
Other than the php not showing, although it shows me the stats from the link on the wamp homepage. This all seems to revovle around new build of a site, I have a site , its up and running. I bought it a few months back and am trying to set up a test box.
I need to know how, as in what do i ftp to the tst box to resolve the localhost to my site, whiich files. I had some help buthe became ill and can not be of help any longer, so I am on my own learning all this.
Any help on the phpinfo.php would be helpful, HOWEVER what to downlopad to the root to allow the site to run is more important than anything at the moemt.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: site install
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 29, 2007 10:19PM

Save all your files in c:/wamp/www/your_new_folder

If you have index file in dir your_new_folder, then access as follows:

[localhost]

If you don't have index file in there or want to access a particular file directly, then access your_file.php or your_file.html as follows:

[localhost]

Or

[localhost]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP and Add-ons)

Date: October 01, 2007 01:29PM

thanks bn the problem is and in answer to the email we exchanged, I realize installing this makes a server, but i have no files to save unless i download them, I did not build the site merely bought, so again my question is, do I d/l all the files in my ftp or just the www folder?
andy

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 01, 2007 02:00PM

If your site's currently hosting somewhere, make sure they're written in PHP language and database is MySQL, if any, then do these:

1. Create folder C:/wamp/www/your_web_site_name (or your_domain_name)

2. Connect to your site hosting and download all files in the www folder and save them in folder your_web_site_name

3. If you do have MySQL database, then from your site hosting, using phpMyAdmin to export (save) your database and download and save it in your_web_site_name folder too

4. Create MySQL account and using phpMyAdmin to import (restore) your database; make sure to create the same database name, username, and password for your database to work w/ your scripts

5. Then locally access as follows:

[localhost]

Note: If you don't want to post here, you can email the structure of your site hosting, so I can give you more detail what you should download. Remember, only the structure, no username, password or your host name for your own security.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Post Edited (10-01-07 14:12)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 01, 2007 03:38PM

the host is a LMAP set up, i have one base to large to import through myphpadmin. how do i import it now?
define structure , i am so new to all this and tryin to get it down , but you know how it goes.

Date: October 01, 2007 04:56PM

Different host have different settings; while some host has empty root by default, some others might have these folders on the root:

/ (Root)
|
|-www (where to store all web site scripts)
|
|-cgi-bin (where to store all cgi/perl scripts)
|
|-protected (where to store all sensitive data)
|
|... (other folders)

If your host have similar settings like above, after downloading, save files in appropriated places; however, if it DOES have protected folder, you need to have a special setup to have that option in you server

To import large db, you should consider to optimize these factors in c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

file_uploads = ON
upload_max_filesize = 2M
post_max_size = 8M
memory_limit = 8M
max_input_time = 60
max_execution_time = 30

To:

file_uploads = ON ;(make sure this set to ON if it's OFF for some reason)
upload_max_filesize = 750M
post_max_size = 750M
memory_limit = 1000M
max_input_time = 5000
max_execution_time = 5000

The number you should change depends on how big and long to import your db, and REMEMBER to restart your server after any changed to take effect

Have fun,

Post Edited (10-01-07 23:12)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 03, 2007 02:23PM

ok i have reinstalled the wamp5 server, reset the server, changed the limits you asked me to change, and then exceed them as it still wouldnt let me import it for being to large. the db is roughly 42mb.
so i am ftping the www file to the wamp server root, then ill try the databases again, if you have another idea how to get the large base to load im happy to listen
thanks so much for the help to date

Date: October 03, 2007 04:08PM

Did you try it w/ mysql console?

The general syntax is:

mysql -u [username] -p [password] [database_to_restore] < [backupfile]

This only work if the database does not already exist:

mysql - u user_name -p your_password database_name < backup_file.sql

If your database already exists and you are just restoring it, try this line instead:

mysqlimport -u user_name -p your_password database_name backup_file.sql

Let me know if you still have problem. I do have another way around

Have fun,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.