Changed DocumentRoot
Posted by: SteveH (---.orange.nextweb.net)
Date: September 29, 2007 12:45AM

I changed my DocumentRoot from C:/wamp/www to the My Web Sites folder on my computer in the httpd.conf file in two places, using the Wamp Manual posted in the forum. I restarted the Wamp server. Now the pages do not display correctly. Is there another place I am supposed to change the document root, such as a file in a Windows folder file?

Thanks!
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changed DocumentRoot
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 30, 2007 01:31AM

Is "My Web Sites folder" still on Cmoody smiley If yes, you should NOT change document root, but proper setup would go to your desire folders. For example:

People will access this folder C:/wamp/www/JLBN on my computer when they go to

[www.jlbn.net]

People will access this folder C:/wamp/www/Test on my computer when they go to

[test.jlbn.net]

People will access this folder C:/wamp/www/Downloads on my computer when they go to

[downloads.jlbn.net]

People will access this folder C:/wamp/www/Guides on my computer when they go to

[guide.jlbn.net]

As you see, they are separate folders and people access different subdomains, but they're all still in C:/wamp/www

People only change document root when they want to store their data on bigger partition, hard drive or external hard drive which need a proper setup so wamp can run.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP and Add-ons)

Posted by: SteveH (---.orange.nextweb.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 06:00PM

Well, the reason I changed the root was to enable my already existing web sites in that folder. Otherwise, I'll need to copy them to the other folder to enable them to work. Now I thought I would just uninstall the WAMP, then reinstall it, but specify the root as the Window's My Web Sites on C:/

Thanks!
Steve

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 01, 2007 07:50PM

Setup that way, you can only have 1 web site instead having proper setup, you can test more than 1 site at the time as seen some examples on my site

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.