Help with getting my server online on Dynamic IP
Posted by: Jeremy Sweet (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 22, 2007 12:42AM

Hello all, i been trying for hours to get my site online, i use to have static ip adress but since i upgraded my internet it went back to where i first started on Dynamic, which means my ip will change constantly each time i reboot or reset my connection

i been trying to get it to work with this [www.everydns.net] i prefer using it, as i been using it for a while now when my internet connection was static.

can someone walk me through this on exactly what i need to do to get my site back online, i host one site on my computer with wamp which isn't much of a load just to distribute a project i work on for a chat network and forum.

I have tried many things installed Perl Cygwin and many other DNS helpers.. or whatever it is.

But no joy yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help with getting my server online on Dynamic IP
Posted by: rexzooly (---.hudd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 23, 2007 07:08PM

i would go with dyndns.com and there ip updater.
and you ip changers when when ever the company sends the change command
it can weekly or 2 weekly. Dyndns is supported by most routers these days and workds great. also i would say make sure the needed ports are open or put the sever on the DMZ from the router.

Thanks

Webbing Online

Re: Help with getting my server online on Dynamic IP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 10:22PM

everydns.net does not support ip updating. you need to use dyndns for that.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.