Connecting to localhost... Waiting for localhost...
Posted by: beaver (---.cmu.carnet.hr)
Date: September 09, 2007 01:10AM

Hello!

I installed the latest version of WAMP5 (1.7.3.) on c:\wamp (the default path) with no errors.

Cause Windows Defender blocked WampServer (Aestan Tray Menu), i decided to disable it. (I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.1.078.000 so Defender is not needed, again). I disabled the UAC (User account Control) too!

My operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.

And, finally, the question! Why when i type "[localhost"]; (using Mozilla Firefox or Opera, IE) i need ~4 seconds so browser gets response (Connecting to localhost...), and ~8 seconds so the started index page (Wamp5 Homepage) could be displayed (Waiting for localhost...) ?! What's wrong with my server/system/software/hardware... ? What do i need to enable or disable so everything would work fine?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connecting to localhost... Waiting for localhost...
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 09, 2007 07:50AM

I use to be die hard zone "guy", until their recent releases. the latest zone alarm brings wamp and web browsing to a crawl. I have a broadband internet connection and felt like i had dial up. this makes trying to develop websites a major headache. the latest versions of Zone did this on both window xp home 32bit and vista ultimate 64bit. uninstall zone, and for security concerns, re-activate uac, now install a program like Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. I have windows vista ultimate 64bit edition and it works great with wamp and does not slow it down like zone.

to make things as clean as possible, i suggest you do a system restore and restore your computer to when you installed zone instead of just uninstalling it, the uninstaller does not do a complete 100% uninstall.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:03PM

OK.. My firewall might be a problem, but the response is equivalent to the situation when ZoneAlarm is shutted down...

So, this is telling me that he is not a cause to this situation..

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 09, 2007 06:16PM

is windows firewall enabled? is windows defender running?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 09, 2007 07:30PM

Nope! Both of them (Windows Firewall & Windows Defender) are disabled / shutted down / dead smiling smiley !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.