Nothing but crap
Posted by: cmschols (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: August 15, 2007 11:27PM

I'm sorry to bring this to you, but this entire solution is nothing but crap. And I'm not just talking about your distributions but also the website.

Try registering an account, enter your emailaddress, the captcha en your passwords. Make sure the repeated password is incorrect. You'll get forwarded to a page saying the passwords are incorrect. The input fields are 'automagically' filled in for you - were it not that the captcha code gets placed in the email field, and the email address gets placed in the captcha field. I cannot even believe that you're presenting stuff, while such simplistic form element doesn't even work. It barely gets any more basic.

Then as for the main thing - the latest WAMP distribution as presented on front page... It doesn't even run.

1) Your software simply doesn't run.

2) It doesnt run on my main computer; where it very definately should run. (Windows XP 64-bit)

3) It doesn't even run when trying on a fully fresh installed machine, without firewalls, perfectly working drivers, etc. (Windows XP, Service Pack 2)

4) It doesn't on my third compater (Windows XP, Service Pack 1).

5) Nor does it run on my fourth computer (Windows XP, no service packs).

I just wasted about 40 minutes trying some product from a group who can't even put a decent signup form online and who releases packages which doesn't even run on any of FOUR computers.

Sure, the installer runs. But that's it. The services can't even register themselves in any way - not by setup, not automaticaly, not manually.

I got sick of it - and guess what. The uninstaller is crap as well. Altough it DOES run, but it leaves half the crap on the hard drive while there are directories which I haven't changed for any bit. Nice uninstall - cheers. Im not even bothering to check my registry.

Free distributions FTW.

Post Edited (08-15-07 23:36)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nothing but crap
Posted by: TwistedChaos (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: August 19, 2007 05:42AM

for your information... this installation runs fine... its not the software its the user.... i hapily support the software as a user and heck i've even made some different add-ons for it....

I am more than willing to help you install it at any given time... just drop me an email at amysticallegend at hotmail dot com and ill be glad to help....

cheers....

A Massive Heart Attack = Computer Crash sad smiley

I am a member of CAF -> Computer Addicts Forever smiling smiley

Posted by: chromis (---.static.techex.net.au)
Date: August 22, 2007 09:47AM

This is very untrue.

I have been using WAMP for years and I have found it very easy to install, modify and VERY stable. I have had absolutely no problems with it when it was PHP4 and now PHP5.

Pretty much takes 15 minutes to set it up AND install a CMS

Maybe you should check your skills..

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2007 12:01PM

the latest versions of wamp are not upgradeable. upgrading an older version to this newer version will cause problems. you need to preform a clean uninstall and reinstall the latest version of wamp.

if you you have any data in your mysql server you need to save, use phpmyadmin to export your databases, tables, and table data to an .sql file. then backup your website files in c;\wamp\www folder. now uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp folder, restart pc, install latest version of wamp.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: bobbyman (---.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 30, 2007 11:59AM

chromis wrote:

>
> Pretty much takes 15 minutes to set it up AND install a CMS
>

I just installed WAMP the other day for the first time (Windows XP Pro SP 2 on my laptop) and everything (so far) is working wonderfully. Which CMS are you liking?

Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.