phpmyadmin - error
Posted by: inan3 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2007 09:25PM

Installed wamp5_1.7.2.exe (again)

I have been having a ton of trouble with not being able to access the myphpadmin screen, I have found plenty of documentation on this, but none of it has yet worked. This seems like it would be a common problem.

When I go to phpmyadmin I get "phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation"

When I go to SQLitemanager 1.2.0 " The SQLite extension can't be loaded."

Its driving me nuts, I have checked so many different things and tried a bunch of things others have done to get things working, but most of solutions they offer like taking off the " ; " in front of an extension are already done. I imagine this is because it is suppose to work perfectly right after the install, yet it doesn't.

I need help big time, I have tried searching and finally decided to try the forum, I really did want to fix this myself but now I am stuck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so everything is fresh, can anyone help?

well the localhost is working, and I can edit php, but I need the mysql database to get drupal on here to check it out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin - error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2007 11:11PM

open php.ini:
c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

find:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

change to:
extension=php_mysql.dll

find:
;extension=php_sqlite.dll

change to:
extension=php_sqlite.dll

save the file and restart apache for the new settings to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 15, 2007 09:12AM

Well thanks for trying, but the options are already set up that way from the install. I checked the php.ini file in the apache folder and everything looks good. So I remain stumped as to what the problem could be.

I set everything up on the install to be default, anyone else have any ideas?

Date: August 15, 2007 10:51PM

I figured I would try XAMPP instead and see if that would get me up and running, and it does the same exact thing.

Anyone know of any other options, or ideas?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 11:11AM

a php extension error only means one thing, that the extension the php function you are trying to use (in your case, mysql) is not enabled. so, you need to enable what ever extension the script needs in the php.ini file to get it to work. php 4 came with mysql enabled by defaut, however php5 mysql is disabled, so you need to edit your php.ini file to enable it yourself. it you installed wamp, then it comes with mysql enabled. if you just install php5 from php.net you will need to edit the php.ini file to enable mysql.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: 777bas777 (---.dsl.speedlinq.nl)
Date: August 28, 2007 12:02AM

In my case an old version of PHP was still present in C:\Program Files caused the same error.
When WAMP installs PHP, it somehow starts using the existing php.ini file from the old installation.

Removing WAMP, removing the old PHP installation from Program Files and the reinstalling WAMP solved the problem.

I don't know where this old PHP installation came from, maybe it was from an old XAMPP installation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.