How Do I change MySQL's root default password?
Posted by: oktupix (---.opaltelecom.net.219.13.84.in-addr.arpa)
Date: August 13, 2007 07:06PM

help!

i saw this message when i logged on to the phpmyadmin the first time:

"Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole."

How Do I change MySQL's root default password?

Many thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Do I change MySQL's root default password?
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 07:26PM

Check setup password on my site

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2007 11:21AM

read the phpmyadmin section of my manual (link to manual is in my sig)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: redcloud (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2008 03:11AM

I have seen your response many times saying read your manual, but for some reason everytime I click it I get sent back to the forum main page???? I have spent hours trying to figure out how to change the password for the root account why the --- is it so hard, is there some addin somewhere user manager type thing or something for mysql??

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2008 07:36AM

Not sure what you mean since I've already include both banner link and my website address, so if you can't click on the link for some reason, you still can copy and paste the address

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Lakeside (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: January 13, 2008 02:39AM

Just want to thank you, yfastud, for your password set guide: [guides.jlbn.net]
I actually figured that out a while back, and being a noob (still am smiling smiley ) I still made a lot of mistakes/took ages with the guide.(I mean THEIR guide, back when I was learning, NOT yours lol) Could have used your tutorial then, keep up the good work! (Now, if you want something that IS a lot of fun, I'm sure you've had to re-set a websites admin name and password using like a parsing-think it was called- program in mySql- yikes)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 07:02AM by Lakeside.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.