WAMP - Intranet use
Posted by: markeiu (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 08:28PM

I have read multiple places that WAMP should not be used in the production environment because of security reasons. How about for Intranet use? Would not WAMP be an okay solution to use in a production Intranet environment? I would think that the allow/deny permissions in the Apache config could be used effectively in this type of environment. Let me know what you think and why.

I had the toughest time trying to get PHP, MySql and Apache to work together on a Windows Server 2003 box. WAMP made things so easy in the development environment I'm tempted to use it. If ya'll think that WAMP still shouldn't be used for an Intranet site, have you found any good guides for installing the components manually? I've looked all over for a step-by-step guide with no luck.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP - Intranet use
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 09:52PM

for the love of god, never use wamp as a production server. wamp is designed for local testing and development. allow and deny are not an effective way of protecting your wamp server. you need to be an experienced system level administer to run a secure production server. you also need to write secure code to avoid cross site injection, sql attacks, etc.

you dont need apache on win2k3, just download and install the php and mysql packages for win2k3.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.